[ 021 ] soul sever

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

TIME HAD PASSED, and Neverland had continued to darken. What had started as odd clusters of black thorns and poison, had worsened. Nights lasted longer, stretches of trees and forests had overgrown and darkened, and the place took on a bitter smell. Kaelyn had attempted to monitor it, but couldn't do it in completion. Because on the other hand, her senses on Neverland had dulled.

No longer could she feel everything and everyone, but only some. Some notifications were delayed, and some were completely blind. The lack of control had started to scare her, as it built up over the years. She could only pin it down to age, or maybe even parts of her matured nature and personality subconsciously slipping in. It's not like there was a beginner's guide for making an island.

A former fairy named Tinkerbell had taken residence as well, living in a small hut in the middle of the jungle. Killian Jones– or as he was now known, Captain Hook– had begun to work for the island too, bringing supplies and any children he found. Kaelyn hadn't liked the idea, but Peter insisted it was good networking. The pirate didn't seem to completely hate her or Peter despite former events, but Kaelyn was starting to feel like the leader of a gang.

As she woke up that morning, Peter was already gone, as he often was these days. Over the years, their time together had lessened more every year, until they had to steal moments away. Though they both had changed, Peter had perhaps the most. He loved leading to the point he sometimes overtook Kaelyn, or suggested ideas violent or darker than anything Kaelyn was willing to do.

He had also become harder to read, more manipulative with outside forces from the main world, and overall slightly twisted. Kaelyn still saw many moments of his normal self that far outweighed the dark, but she couldn't help noticing them. Like much around her, it seemed, he was darkening beyond her control or help.

She wasn't unhappy, but things were certainly different than in the beginning, or how she had intended them to stay forever.

The lost boys were already wide awake in the camp, many now carrying weapons or having some form of defence on them. After the Jones' had arrived, Peter had insisted they should learn basic self defence, which Kaelyn had agreed with, but she suspected some of the boys liked it too much.

"Baelfire!" Kaelyn called, seeing the young boy frolicking around the fire that was cooking breakfast. He was a young boy that she had picked up from Hook a while ago, who had a happy disposition but was terribly stubborn when he wanted something.

The most interesting thing about him, however, was the fact he was Rumpelstiltskin's son. Peter had found him one day, dancing to the flute, but apparently Rumple had taken him away. Of course, he had ended up in Neverland eventually, anyway.

Kaelyn hadn't seen her very old former friend, but was most surprised he was still alive when she heard. To a point, she figured Peter had taken Baelfire, or tried to, out of spite. And she almost didn't blame him.