[ 009 ] poisoned apples

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

    SLEEP DID NOT come back for Kaelyn. Her mind was too busy thinking over what she could possibly do, how to handle Peter, how immediate the danger Henry was in. Sleep could not take her away, her body refused it, her eyes fixated on the treehouse where she knew Peter was resting away. If she was ten times stronger she'd brandish a knife and do it in his sleep, if she had more resolve she would threaten Henry's life to manipulate Peter since he needed the boy so badly.

    If she was really the villain she acted like, she would have had no problems in the first place.

    Henry slept soundly beside her, completely unaware of the turmoil around him and the growing danger. Kaelyn watched as the sun rose, light tinting the sky however brightly it was allowed, and the camp began to stir. Kaelyn pushed her tired body so she was sitting next to Henry, eyes following everything she could, wary of everyone who passed her. Everything she saw was under Peter's control, she had to believe that now, which made everything more dangerous.

    An unwelcome tall figure approached them with a small limp, and Kaelyn looked up at him in displeasure. Felix was holding out a green apple, glistening with morning dew, almost engulfed by his wide hands. Kaelyn blinked at him.

    "Pan says you need to eat," Felix said, crouching down so he was level with her. He looked alien bent over; limbs too long for his positioning. Kaelyn pouted and took the apple, turning it over in her hands multiple times as Felix watched her intently, wondering when the pair had had a chance to communicate.

    "He can suck my dick," Kaelyn said after a moment, throwing the apple back at him where it rolled at his feet. Felix scoffed. "How's the leg?" Kaelyn jeered.

    "It was nice of you to miss the artery," Felix said with a grin, scar twisting with the movement. He picked up the apple from the ground, dusting it off a bit, before he bit into it with a crunch. Kaelyn scowled. "Maybe you can show mercy," he said around a mouthful.

    The brunette scoffed. "Fuck off, Felix." He just chuckled. A familiar feeling suddenly washed over the immortal teenager, and she shook her head. "He's moving the camp," Kaelyn realised out loud, Felix looking smug.

    "And you hardly notice, right?" Felix said as if he were advertising a service. He was, of course, right. The camp was moving but in a way with magic that those in the area didn't feel it. If Kaelyn wasn't familiar with the feeling she would have struggled to notice. "Feels like a dream," the tall blonde added.

    Kaelyn rolled her eyes. "Not quite how I'd describe this place."

    Someone was on the island, if Peter was moving around. He was playing with someone and didn't want to be found. That was a comfort, to a degree. She glanced down at Henry beside her, and thought of how much he was adored by the people of Storybrooke. Maybe Kaelyn had a shot at getting him off this island.