[ 006 ] neverland

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

    KAELYN NEVER would've thought she'd do something so stupid as jumping into a portal for the benefit of anyone but herself, yet here she was, spiralling through the folds of the universe after Henry, throwing her fate to the wind with no idea of where she was going, only that she could save Henry. It was as if nothing had happened– as if she hadn't been on her knees mere moments ago preparing for death, bleeding out, accepting mortality.

    Her fall abruptly ended as she hit the ground, roughly, letting out a hiss of pain as she landed on her wounded side, the flashing colours of the portal fading and the rushing in her ears disappearing. This was followed by an immense swell of power that rippled through her body, under her skin, along her veins; a swell she hadn't felt in years. And it was that that told her exactly where the portal had led. The twisted trees around them, the suffocating darkness, the distant smell of the ocean, and the damp smell of the forest floor mixed in with a sweet, sticky poison only helped to confirm it.

    Henry scrambled to his feet, sand kicking up. Greg grabbed him roughly. "No, no, no, slow down, pal. You got nowhere to go."

    "We made it," Tamara grinned. "Mission accomplished."

    "You fucking idiots," Kaelyn spat.

    "You," Tamara hissed, realising the immortal teenager had managed to reach the portal in time, looking at the brunette on her hands and knees in the sand in disdain.

    Kaelyn glared back at her, feeling hot anger boiling her blood. Neal's death, shooting Kaelyn, bringing her to her knees like no one had before, kidnapping Henry and then bringing them back to the place she had vowed to never fucking ever return to all culminated together to make Tamara the most vulnerable person alive. She could not be allowed to get away with anything more.

    "Yes. Me."

    Kaelyn got to her feet with ease, eyes catching the light in blazing indigo. Tamara and Greg backed up as Kaelyn straightened herself, and her exposed bullet wound slowly closed up before their eyes, the swell of power flooding straight into her weakened body. The immortal teenager couldn't help but relish the looks on their faces, the fear, as they recalled all the rumours and stories of her they'd always carefully believed, and now were viciously forced to.

    Tamara raised her gun and fired, the gunshot cutting through the night air. The bullet ricocheted off Kaelyn's chest, the charged piece of metal falling to the forest floor, the brunette glancing at it unbothered. Henry had moved away by now, as Tamara looked at her useless firearms in shock, just as Kaelyn shot a hand forward, pinning the woman to a tree. She let out a strangled gasp, hands flying to her stomach as if she'd be able to pry the invisible force away.

    "Henry, don't look," Kaelyn instructed.

    "Let her go!"

    Kaelyn glanced to see Mendell charging at her. The brunette simply jerked her chin upwards, and Mendell's head snapped to an unnatural angle, a loud crack sounding as his neck broke and he fell to the ground, dead.