Sequence 2: An Unseen Bond

Educate them. Teach them right from wrong. It must be knowledge that frees them, not force.
-Altair Ibn-La'Ahad

Ozpin brought you, Connor and Edward into the auditorium, where everyone was waiting. "Hello, students of Beacon," Ozpin began, "I am proud to announce that Beacon Academy has three new students. Desmond Miles, and Connor and Edward Kenway. Word of advise to all of you: They are warriors of the finest skills. They could dominate any team in here."
As the initiation ceremony ended, you walk to your dorm. "Nice quarters." Edward said.
"Just don't get carried away," you say, "Which mean no drunken shanties. Here, of course"
"Well said," Connor stated.
You then headed out to the training grounds and fought against Ursa Majors. Suffice to say it didn't end well for you. (A/N: This video will depict the fight. Skip to 0:52 to get to the fight scene, and imagine the Templars as Ursa Majors.)

As you stand up, all the Ursa Majors disappear and you see that girl, Pyrrha, approach you. "Wow, nice moves," she complimented, "Normally one as talented as that would have to have had years of training."
"Well, that I have had, Ms Nikos." you say.
"Please, call me Pyrrha." she said.
"Hey. Want to spar?" you ask.
"Okay." she responded.
You drew your weapon as she drew hers, Milo. You approach her as she does to you. "Preparati a farti prendere a calci in culo!" you mock.
"What does that mean?" Pyrrha asked.
"It's Italian," you repeat, in English, "For 'Be prepared to get your ass kicked!'"
"I highly doubt that." she mocked you.

Your weapons collided, Pyrrha straining, but you just smirking. "Nice start," you say, "Unfortunately, you've left your self open for this--"
You headbutt her, which makes her stumble backwards. Looking up, she sees that you are gone. She senses you behind her and turns quickly, but sees nothing. You grab her and slam her to the floor. "That was it?" you ask.
She kicks your leg, making you fall to the floor. You both rise as you say, "Okay, didn't expect that."
She helps you up, as you draw your sword and use it to pry Milo from her grasp. "And, from the look on your face, YOU didn't expect THAT!"
You toss away your sword as you to enter a fistfight. You deflected her blows, as she deflected yours. You ducked under her blow, grabbed her leg, and flung her into a wall. "Hai combattuto bene, Pyrrha," you tell her, "Ma non abbastanza bene."
"What does THAT mean?" she asked, getting up.
"Means you fought well," you repeat, again in English, "But not well enough."

Eventually, you hear someone whistle behind you. You turn to see Edward and Connor, both of them laughing like crazy. "You've scored, me young friend!" Edward mocked.
You face them, unfazed by Edward's comment. "Do I look like I care about your opinion?"
Suddenly, you heard an explosion in Vale. You three turn to see a building crumbling down. "Templars?" Connor asked.
"Almost certainly," you say, "Look, Ms Pyrrha, we need to go."
"Then go," she said, "Thanks for the sparring match."
You then run in the direction of the explosion, to see Templars outside. You three sneak around and kill them until there's only one left. You grab him and impale him on your blade. "Dammit," he groaned, "I thought I'd at lest live to see another day. Shame."
"I want answers!" you demand, "Why did you blow up this building? Why did your master target Haytham Kenway? What purpose would his murder have served?"
"How should I know?" he asked, "The Templars. Adam. Our leader, Salem. They have money and power. That's the only reason I threw in with them. Sure, they have some vision for the future, too. I didn't give a damn about any of that. They can sing their songs about mankind and it's troubles. They can make their plans and spring their plans. I didn't care about any of it They paid me, so I said yes. I didn't ask how or why, because I didn't really care."

"You chose to side with people who would seek to rob us of our humanity," you ask, "Simply because it was more profitable?"
"What else is there? I'm not some blind fool who'd give up all he's got on principle? What IS principle anyway?" he asked, "Can you bring it to the bank?
You stare him down, "Don't look at me like that!" he growls at you, "We're different, you and I. You're a blind fool who's always chasing butterflies. Whereas I'm the type of guy who has a beer in one arm and a lady in the other. Thing is, assassin, I can have what I please. Had it, even. You... Your hands will always be empty..."  And with that, he died.
"Le tue parole possono essere state sincere, ma questo non le rende vere. (Your words may have been sincere, but that does not make them true.) Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)" you say, closing his eyes, "That was informative, but it doesn't bring us closer to finding out why Haytham was murdered."
"We now know that the Templars are being led by someone named 'Salem,'" Connor said, "So I think we should report this to Ozpin. See if he knows this Salem."
"I agree," Edward said, "Back to Beacon we go!"