Sequence 4: The Butterfly Effect

Escape plan? When no on is left, walk out the front door.
-Jacob Frye

You duck for cover behind a building, the Templars still hot on your trail after killing Adam. You whip out your phone and call Connor. "What is it, Desmond?" he asked.
"I'm in a spot of trouble," you tell him, "I killed Adam. Now the Templars are after me, and I dare not go to Beacon for fear of compromising the brotherhood."
"Try to lose them," Connor said, "Me and Edward will join you as soon as we can."
He hung up. You looked down, feeling guilty about not telling him of Haytham's betrayal. Suddenly, you heard a cry of, "ASSASSIN!"
You look in horror to find a Templar drawing his sword and approaching you. You obey Connor's orders and run for your life. You eventually find Connor and Edward on a building, where you join them. There, you draw your sword and kill the Templars, allowing you to finally relax.

"Connor," you say, "There's... something you need to know..."
"What?" he asked.
"It's about your father," you say, "Adam told me news of him before he died. He said... he deceived us all."
"What do you mean?" Connor asked, suspiciously.
"I mean that, according to Adam, your father was secretly a Templar..." you tell him.
"No," Connor said, shocked, "I won't listen to this."
"Adam told the truth." you say.
"How can you trust a Templar?" Connor asked, rage bubbling in his voice.
"I've lived to long," you tell him, "To know a lie when I hear it. Adam spoke with admittance in his voice--"
"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!" Connor yelled, "I won't believe that my father was a Templar!"
"Connor--" you say, putting your hand on his shoulder.
Connor grabbed your wrist and brought you to the floor. "DON'T LAY A FINGER ON ME!" he yelled, "From this day on, we are no longer friends. The only reason I will put up with your appearance is because I must." and with that, Connor ran away across the rooftops.

Edward tried to comfort you, but you say, "No, Edward. I just... Everything will be fine eventually."
"What will ye do now?" Edward asked.
"I need proof of Haytham's Templar heritage," you say, "And most of it died with Adam."
"Do ye need any help?" Edward asked.
"No," you say, "If I'm going to win back Connor's trust, I'll need to do it alone."
"I'll be on stand by if he need me." Edward said, performing a leap of faith.
"I know, buddy." You say, going down to the streets.

You sit down on a nearby bench, reflecting on what just happened. You couldn't believe how Connor just snapped. Eventually, you hear a conversation between three men, presumably Templars. "He's called another meeting." The first man said.
"What is it this time?" Asked the second, "Another warning? Another execution?"
"No. He has work for us."
"Which means we'll have to go back to Salem's Domain."
"Haytham has abused his position as General of the Templar Army," the third said, "And yet Salem does nothing about it."
The men then went to discuss the location of the meeting, but you heard what you needed to hear. Thankfully, you caught it on a tape player, hidden in your pocket.

The next day came, and you snuck off to the meeting. You observe from the rooftop to see Haytham arguing with a Templar. "If you'd just have a look--" began the Templar.
"I've no interest in your calculations," Haytham snapped, "They change nothing. You failed to fill the order, which means I have failed Salem!"
"We need more time--"
"That is the excuse of a lazy or incompetent man. Which are you?"
"Neither."
"Your work tells me otherwise. Now, tell me, how do you intend to solve this problem? These weapons are needed NOW!"
"I see no solution. The men work day and night. But Salem requires so much. And the destination is a difficult route."

"Would that you could provide weapons with the same skill as you produce excuses." Haytham laughed.
"I have done all I can." The Templar said.
"It is not enough."
"Then perhaps you ask too much!"
You'd seen enough. You jump down and approach Haytham. "Hold, Templars," you say, "You're not the only one with business here."
"And what is it you want, 'Assassin?'" Haytham asked, smirking.
"Blood." You say, flicking your hidden blades.
You go to kill Haytham, but are thrown to the floor from behind. Looking up, you see Connor with his tomahawk. "I now know the truth," he said, "But I will not let you kill him."

"We swore an oath to kill any Templar we came across!" You remind him.
"I won't let you kill my father!" Connor yelled, coming between you and Haytham.
"Connor," you say, venom in your voice, and drawing your sword, "If you don't get out of my way, I will kill both of you."
"I may beat you to that." Haytham said.
He then whipped out a knife and stabbed Connor in the back. Connor gasped as he fell to the floor and watched his father got away. You run to Connor, and say, "No... Connor..."
"Kill him for me..." Connor gasped, "End his involvement with the Templars..."