Sequence 7: Drawing Out Salem

I want food that don't make me sick. I want walls that hold back the wind. I want a decent life.
-Edward Kenway

"Word has spread of your deeds, 'Assassin,'" the Bureau leader said, "It seems you are sincere in your desire to redeem yourself."
"I do what I can," you say, "And my name is Dovahkiin, spawn of Salem."
"I assume it is work that reunites us... 'Dovahkiin?'"
"Yes. Salem is my next target. What can you tell of the Grand Mistress herself?"
"She is regaining power while the king conducts his war. The people are getting weary, given her background. But I think Salem rather clever for it."
"Clever how?"
"Salem and most of her Templar followers do not see eye-to-eye on most matters. Though they are civil enough in public, there are whispers that they wish evil upon one another. And then, there was that business with Vale's captured huntsmen. In it's wake, the Templars retreated, and Salem has kept to herself ever since. Still, Salem's presence will dissuade the Templars from acting up."
"I've never been one for politics."
"But surely you realise your every action shapes the course of this land's future? You are a politician too... In your own way."

"As you wish," you say, "Now, where would you suggest I begin my search?"
"Three places I can say for certain," he told you, "West of here, near both a guard tower and a hospital. And to the southwest, at the church of the Holy Sepulchre. Both of you, see what you can find."
Scouting around those areas, you learnt that Salem would be attending Adam's funeral, you were told not to face all of Salem's men at once, you acquired the map detailing the positions of the Templars during the funeral, you would have to blend into the crowd to gain access to the funeral and a map detailing Salem's position. But you still wondered what her true motives were. Facing Pyrrha, you said, "Let's get back to the bureau."
"What if something goes wrong?" she asked, "I don't want to lose you."
"You won't," you say, kissing her, "And I won't lose you."
As you get back to the bureau, the leader said, "You've the scent of success about you, Dovahkiin."
"We've learnt much about Salem." you say.
"Share your knowledge then. Let us see what can be done with it."
"Salem and her Templars walk around Vale. They've come to pay their respects to Adam, son of Robert de Sable. They'll attend his funeral. Which means so will we."
"What is this? That the Grand Mistress would attend the son of her predecessor's funeral?"
"We have yet to divine her true intentions," Pyrrha said, "Though we'll have a confession in time."

"The citizens themselves are divided," you say, "Many call for their lives. Still, others insist that they are here to parlay, to make peace."
"Peace?" the leader asked.
"Adam said as much to me."
"That would have made him our ally! And yet we killed him."
"True. But, even though he informed the Creed of Haytham Kenway's betrayal, we are nothing alike. Though their goal sounds noble, their means by which they'd achieve it are not. At least... that's what Altair told me."
"So what is your plan?"
"We shall attend the funeral and confront Salem."
"The sooner the better. Fortune favour your blade, brother."
"Malik, before I go.There's something I should say: I've been a fool."
"Normally, I'd make no argument, but what is this?" the leader, now known as Malik, asked, "What are you talking about?"
"All this time, I never told you I was sorry," you say, "Too damn proud. You've lost your arm because of me, lost Kadar. You had every right to be angry."

Malik looked down at his missing left arm, then looked at you and said, "I do not accept your apology."
"I understand." you say, bowing your head.
"No, you don't. I do not accept your apology because you are not the same man who went with me to Constantinople. And so you have nothing to apologise for."
"Malik..."
"Perhaps if I had not been so envious of you, I... would not have been so careless myself. I'm just as much to blame."
"Don't say such things."
"We are one. As we share the glory of our victories, so too should we share the pain of our defeat. In this way, we grow closer, we grow stronger."
"Thank you, brother."
"I would not suggest staying here. Connor and Edward said they would be back tonight. I would suggest going north of here, near the funeral."
"Thank you, again." And with that, you and Pyrrha left the bureau. Walking north, Pyrrha asked, "What did you mean about him losing his arm? And who was Kadar?"
"Kadar was Malik's brother," you admit, "Four years ago, the three of us went to find an ancient relic. But the Templars had gotten there before us. I was stupid in those days, arrogant. I disobeyed all three tenants... and paid the price.

"Robert de Sable, Adam's father, was there," you continued, once you arrived at your destination, "I went to kill him, but he was stronger than I thought. As I was separated from Malik and Kadar, I had to escape. Kadar was killed, and Malik's left arm was too heavily damaged, so it had to be amputated."
Pyrrha reacted with a shocked face. "But I am not that man anymore," you say, "I will never be again."
She kissed you passionately. You stroked her hair as she got on your lap, working her way to your trousers. She removed your hood, as you lay back on the floor. "You are noble," she said, "A good trait for a man."
"As is a cazzone gigante (Giant dick)." you joke.
"A what?" she asked.
You whispered it to her, and she blushed heavily. You locked lips again, and you both knew what was going to happen.

(A/N: For those of you who wanted a lemon, NOT HAPPENIN' BUDDY!)