Sequence 11: Setting Things Right

What kind of prison is this?
It's not a prison, you're about to enter the Animus. What you're about to see, hear and feel are the memories of your ancestor who has been dead for 500 years.
-Callum Lynch and Sophia Rikkin

You had arrived back at Masyaf, your friends were all right. You knelt before Altair. "You have saved the Creed, Dovahkiin," he said, facing you, "What can we offer in return?"
"The release of death," you say, "No matter what happened, or what I did, it does not excuse my actions."
At this, Pyrrha yelled, "What?"
You refuse to face her. Altair stepped forward, uncertain of what to do next. "I will not kill the man who destroyed the Templar Grand Mistress."
"You will have to," you say, "There is no other punishment suitable for my actions. I only wish for one thing."
"Which is?" Altair asked.
"Use the Staff of Eden to bring back Cinder," you ask, "While she sided with Salem, she didn't deserve to die."
"Very well, Dovahkiin," Altair said, drawing his dagger, "All that you wish shall be granted. May your spirit be at rest."
And with that, he plunged the dagger into your chest. You grunted, but embraced the pain. Eventually, you gave in and began your eternal slumber.

Looking around you, all you could see was darkness. You heard Minerva's voice. "You have succeeded."
"No," you protest, "I have failed! With my death, the Apple remains in Altair's hands."
"It is a trade, a sacrifice. But not in vain." Minerva appeared and touched your hand, making a ring appear on your finger.
"You must find it." she said.
"What is it?" you ask.
"The third Piece of Eden. Salem was looking for it. You stopped her. You must find it."
"Where will I go?"
"Where none will think to look. And, in time, what once was... what once was, shall be again..."
"I do not understand..."
"Nor need you. Only do as we ask. Then, you may do as you wish."
"What of the Creed?"
"You have saved Vale, as was your intended purpous. And that matters most."
"It is not enough!"
"It will never be enough. You strive for that which does not exist... Still, you have made a difference... And you will do so again. Remember, you must look for the Ring of Eden where none might think to look..." and with that, she faded away, as did the ring.

Somehow, you woke up, in Altair's study. "How..." You gasp, " How did I survive? I saw you stab me, felt death's embrace..."
"You think I would kill the Assassin who killed TWO Grand Masters of the Templar army?" he asked.
"I should be dead," you say, "Why am I not?"
"I told you," Altair reminded you, "Your task was to remove the Templar influence in Vale. I ALSO told you to remain there after the job was done."
"But, master--" you begin to protest.
"There is nothing left to discuss, Dovahkiin," Altair said, sternly, "You are to accompany Ms Nikos and your sister, Cinder, back to Vale. Before, though, you will conduct the initiation ceremony, inviting them both into our Creed."
"As you wish, mentor." you sigh.
Leaving to the main hall of Masyaf, Pyrrha instantly ran to you and hugged you. "I love you, Dovahkiin." she sobbed.
"I love you too... Ms Nikos." you say, hugging her back.
Cinder approaches you and hugs you as well. "Thank you," she sobbed too, "For bringing me back."

As everyone gathered round, Cinder and Pyrrha stepped forwards. Altair has informed everyone of the situation. You proceeded. "Do you swear to uphold the principles of our order and all that for which we stand?"
"I do." said Cinder.
"I do." said Pyrrha.
"And never to share our secrets, nor divulge the true nature of our work?"
"I do."
"I do."
"And to do so from now until death-- Whatever the cost?"
"I do."
"I do."
"Then we welcome you into our fold, sisters," you give them their hidden blades and robes, "Together, we will usher in the dawn of a New World. One divined by order, purpose, and the preservation of free will. Give me your hands."
They put their hands forwards so you could fit the hidden blades on. "You are Assassins," you say, "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

You hop on Edward's boat and go back to Vale. After many weeks, drunken shanties, and lovely evenings with Pyrrha, you arrive back in Vale. As you three, and Ozpin, leave the boat, you see Connor looking down. You approach him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Our paths will cross again, brother." you reassure him.
"I hope so," Connor said, returning to the ship, "Brother."
You four watch as Edward sails the ship beyond the horizon. You arrive back at the place you stayed the day before the funeral, where you met Cinder. As Ozpin leaves you three, you chuckle, and take out the Apple. "You got it back?" Cinder asked.
"Altair trained me well," you say, "Although, it WAS quite easy getting it back."
"Maybe he WANTED you to have it?" Pyrrha suggested.
"Maybe?" you wonder, "But, this is not the Piece of Eden that concerns me at the moment."
"Which one is?" Pyrrha asked.
"We must search for the Ring of Eden," you say, "And I have a good idea where to look."
"Where?" Cinder asked.
"Let's just say," you grin, preparing to leave, "Beacon Academy has buried many secrets below their classrooms and halls."
"There's a temple below Beacon?" Pyrrha asked.
"Better," you say, "A shrine. To Minerva. And we're heading there now!"