Sequence 8: Unexpected Turn Of Events

Violence is a disease, like cancer. And, like cancer, we hope to control it one day.
-Sofia Rikkin

You woke up, Pyrrha in your arms, still sleeping. You smile, and look out the window. The funeral is starting. Crap, you think. You throw on your robes and get your weapons. Not waking Pyrrha up, you rush outside and join the grievers. You notice that there are next to no Templars there, and many of the attendants are faunuses. Finally, you spy Salem. The priest begins. "We gather here to mourn the loss of our beloved Adam de Sable, taken so soon from this world. I know you feel sorrow and pain at his passing, but you should not. For just as we are all brought forth from the womb, so too must we all, one day, pass from this realm."
As the priest makes his speech, the Apple glows slightly. Something's not right, you think, There should be more guards.
"It is only natural. Like the rising and setting of the sun," the priest continued, "Take this moment to reflect on his life and give thanks to all the good he did. Know that, one day, we will stand with him again in Paradise."
At that moment, Salem whispered something to the priest. He looked at you, and you realised what had happened. She had set a trap for you, and it was about to snap shut. "As you know, this faunus was murdered," the priest continued, "We have tried to track his killer, but it has proven difficult. These creatures cling to the shadows, and run from anyone who would face them fairly.

"But not today, for it seems one stands among us!" the priest yelled, pointing at you.
The crowd separated, as Templars streamed into the courtyard. The trap was now shut, with you inside of it. "YOU!" the priest yelled, "You mock us with your presence, and must be made to pay! SEIZE HIM! BRING HIM FORWARD, THAT GOD'S JUSTICE MIGHT BE DONE!"
Two Templars restrained you and brought you to Salem. She was about to kill you when familiar faces killed the Templars around you. Pyrrha, Connor, Edward, Ozpin and Altair. You flicked your hidden blade and held it to Salem's neck, but she just giggled. "Were you expecting someone else?" she asked, transforming into a woman with dark hair.
"What sorcery is this?!" you ask, confused.
"We knew you'd come," the woman said, "Salem needed to be sure she'd have time to get away, Dovahkiin."
"You know my name?" you ask, "How?"
"All of us know your name!" she said.
"So, my mother flees." you say.
"We cannot deny your success," she said, "You have laid waste to your plans. First the Apple, then the men you killed. Control of Vale slipped away. But then she saw an opportunity to reclaim what has been stolen. To turn your victories to our advantage."
You show her the Apple. "I hold your treasure, and we've routed your army before. Whatever Salem's plans, she'll fail again."

"Ah!" the woman said, "But it's not just the Templars you'll contend with now."
"Speak sense!" you demand.
"Salem is at her domain, ready to plead her case, that Templar and White Fang unite against the Assassins." she told you.
"That will never happen," you say, "They have no reason to."
"'Had', perhaps," the woman chuckled, "But now you've given them one. Three, in fact. Haytham, Adam, me, victims on both sides. You've made the Assassins an enemy in common and ensured the annihilation of your entire order. Well done."
"Not three..." you say, letting the woman go, "Two."
"What do you mean?" she asked, confused.
"You were not my target," you say, sheathing your sword, "I will not take your life. You are free to go, but do not follow me."
"I don't need to," she said, running off, "You're already too late. By now, I wouldn't be surprised if both factions are ready to march upon Masyaf."
You watch as she runs away. Looking at Connor, you say, "I will ride for Salem's Domain. Alone!"
"Like hell ye are!" Edward said, "We're all coming with ye!"
"NO!" you yell, "This is between me and my mother. No one else will get hurt because of me."
"Dovahkiin," Altair said, "If you wish to go alone, so be it. But I guarantee you won't get far alone."

You returned to the bureau, Malik waiting for you. "I heard the funeral turned to chaos!" he said, "What happened?"
"Salem was never there," Connor said, "She sent an imposter in her place."
"We ride for her Domain," Altair commanded, "Gather all the Assassins in Vale. Tell them to meet us at Beacon Academy."
"Yes, Mentor." Malik said, leaving the bureau.
You face Altair. "When this ends," you say, "I will accept the full consequences of my actions. Even if it means... the death penalty."
"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Altair said, patting your back, "Nothing is true--"
"--Everything is permitted." you finish.
Pyrrha approached you, and said, "I'm coming too."
"No," you say, "I will not lose you."
"The Templars are flooding the streets looking for all of us," she said, "My survival chance is higher if I go with you. Besides, I don't think you want me to leave your side, anyway."
You kiss her, as Edward mocks, "Ezio would be proud."
You flip him off and say, "Vaffanculo (F*ck off)."
You all chuckle, ready for a fight the next day.