CHAPTER ONE: MISTAKE

"I'm tired of this blood wine," Chanmi sighed as she swirled the dark red liquid around in her wine glass. "I want to go out and feast."

"You know we shouldn't do that. We'll lose our name if you go out and do something reckless," Jaemin shook his head.

Chanmi huffed out. She flung her head back and let her legs dangle off the arm of the chair. Jinah snickered at the exasperated girl and said, "I can go out and fool around because unlike you, I'm not a pureblood."

Jinah turned to Donghyuck on her right and gave him a high five as Chanmi glared at the two. She got up and looked at Jaemin with sad eyes, "Please let me go out! We don't have to tell anyone about it!"

"Chanmi," Jaemin sighed and got up from his chair. "I love you, so I can't let you get your blood tainted. You know that."

Jaemin sat down next to Chanmi, who scooted over to give the boy some room. She placed her wine glass on the glass table in front of her and wrapped her arms around Jaemin's neck before placing a light kiss on his neck. Jinah threw a pillow at the two and said, "Go to your dumb penthouse, you freaky purebloods."

"Can't," Chanmi said. "I'm making renovations on the place, so I'm not allowed into the penthouse for a couple of weeks."

"Then get a freaking room, I don't want to see you suck Jaemin's neck or face off," Jinah got up abruptly. "I need a drink."

"There's literally an open bottle of blood wine right in front of you, Jinah," Jaemin pointed at the bottle.

"I need a shot of vodka," Jinah corrected herself. "Donghyuck, come with me."

Jinah started heading out of the room, Donghyuck following. Chanmi frowned at the two before looking at Jaemin with sad eyes and saying, "I want to go get a drink, too."

"Nope," Jaemin stated firmly. "You know how you get when you're drunk, and we can't have you acting like that in public."

"You act as if I'm going to drink a lot! I said a drink, which means a singular drink," Chanmi pouted.

"One drink leads to another when it comes to you," Jaemin shook his head. "How about we drink here and go to bed?"

Chanmi looked directly into Jaemin's eyes and noticed a little sparkle from his right eye. Chanmi sighed and got up from the chair the two were sitting in and said, "I'll be waiting in the room, then. You know what I want to drink."

Jaemin grinned and said, "Of course," before getting up as well and clearing the glass table.

-

"I hate that Chanmi's a stupid pureblood. She could do so much better than Jaemin," Jinah tsked as she greeted her favorite bartender.

"Aw, come on, you know you don't actually think that," the bartender slid both Jinah and Donghyuck their usuals.

"You're right, Chenle. Jaemin is perfect for her, but he's so uptight. He can let Chanmi out every once in a while, can't he?" Jinah sighed.

"I'm glad I'm not a pureblood," Donghyuck said. "I would never be able to live with such high maintenance."

"Donghyuck, shut up. You are a high maintenance brat. We all are since we're vampires," Chenle said as he smacked Donghyuck's head lightly.

The three of them laughed for a hot second before turning and looking at the dance floor. Chenle's pub, DRINK, was a vampire only exclusive place. Purebloods were welcome to the pub, but they tended to book out private rooms so they could stay away from the "sticky regular vampires." Jinah scouted the dance floor for some vampire boy to dance with because she was bored and still slightly ticked about the damned purebloods. Chenle gave her a couple more drinks so that Jinah was intoxicated just enough for her to want to throw herself at any vampire boy. In a normal situation, however, Jinah would wait for the boy to come to her.

"I honestly don't know why Jinah acts like this," Donghyuck chuckled as the girl stumbled her way to the dance floor. "I'm so glad that you're our friend. I wouldn't be able to pay for Jinah's drinking habits."

"Don't tell a soul, but I water the drinks down so that I sell more," Chenle whispered. "Jinah would never be able to have so many drinks if I didn't water anything down."

Donghyuck and Chenle both cracked up as they watched the drunk girl make her way to the dance floor. She immediately started dancing lightly to the beat, and soon enough, there were a couple of boys dancing around Jinah. She was enjoying the dancing, but she still didn't find the guy she wanted to spend the night with. For Jinah, the guy needed a certain vibe- and since she was a rather sensitive vampire when it came to scent, she couldn't spend the night with a guy who smelled foul.

"Don't you think you've had a little too much to drink?" a boy said from behind Jinah.

Jinah turned around and narrowed her eyes since the glare from the lights shone directly into her eyes. She couldn't see the boy still, but there was something different about his smell that made her more attracted to him. She approached him slowly and felt his arms wrap around her waist as she whispered into his ear, "What if I wanted a little too much to drink?"

"Then someone like me could swoop in and either take advantage of you or take care of you," the boy whispered back.

Jinah scoffed as she said, "You wouldn't take advantage of me, I can smell it."

"I wouldn't take care of you, though," the boys hands neared Jinah's butt.

Jinah moved the boy's hands to her butt and said, "Keep touching me."

Donghyuck watched from afar as Jinah got dangerously close to the stranger on the dance floor. He turned back to Chenle and said, "I don't trust that guy. He looks out of place."

"He wouldn't have been able to get in if he were out of place, you know that," Chenle stated.

"I still get this really weird feeling from him," Donghyuck turned to Chenle. "You know when you get this certain feeling from someone, and it's just really uncomfortable?"

"The guy is over twenty feet away, I don't know what feeling you're getting," Chenle shook his head.

"I mean, look at him! Look at the way he's-" Donghyuck cut himself off as he turned to see that Jinah and the boy were no longer there. "Where did they go?"

Donghyuck and Chenle both looked at each other for a quick second before they took off running to the private room that Jinah usually reserved for her and her boy toys. They knocked on the door and tried to get into the room, only for Jinah to open the door slightly and give them the scariest glare that they could possibly witness. The two boys slunk away from the room and went back to the bar.

"I really hope that uncomfortable feeling you got doesn't last, because I know what feeling you got when we got closer to the room," Chenle shivered.

"Don't tell me he's a pureblood," Donghyuck cried out. "Jinah's going to get into so much trouble if he is."

"I don't think that was it," Chenle murmured.

The boys talked for a bit at the bar, and Donghyuck had a couple of drinks. It was a quarter to one in the morning when Jinah came running down from the private rooms and flung herself onto the bar counter. Donghyuck poked her shoulder and Chenle got her a drink as Donghyuck asked, "What's wrong?"

"Chenle, there's been a breach," Jinah looked up at Chenle with red eyes.

"What happened?" Chenle almost dropped Jinah's drink.

"The kid I was with, he's a human."