CHAPTER FOUR: INFILTRATION

"Yeah, I infiltrated the group," Jeno spoke quietly into his phone. "They haven't done anything with me, yet, so I don't know what's going to happen to me. I can hear someone opening the door. I'll update you guys later."

Jeno quickly hung up his phone and stuck it into his back pocket as Jinah and Donghyuck entered the room. Jinah had a frown on her face, and for some reason, it turned Jeno on. He had to cross his legs before Donghyuck and Jinah got any closer. Jinah noticed the flushed look on Jeno's face and laughed as she realized the state he was in. She poked Donghyuck and said, "This is the reason why I love converting humans."

Donghyuck looked at her with a confused expression before looking at Jeno and laughing. Jeno looked at the two laughing vampires as he asked, "What's so funny?"

"It's normal for a Convertir to be turned on by the vampire that converted them. It's all about that smell," Donghyuck said.

"Who said I was turned on?" Jeno grumbled to himself. "Wait, I didn't smell anything, though."

"Are you sure? The smells do tend to be subtle, so you may not have noticed," Jinah crossed her arms over her chest. "Try taking a deep breath and focusing on the smells in the room."

Jeno took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He detected metallic hints, an earthy type of smell, something orange, and flowery scent. He felt blood rush through his body as he picked up more and more of the flowery scent. He opened his eyes to see that Jinah was standing right over him with a curious face. He leaned back quickly, and Jinah cracked up once more.

"His face is pink! He must've smelt it that time," Jinah said in between laughter.

"What was that smell?" Jeno asked.

"Well, we don't really know what the true smell is, but Donghyuck over here smells more of amber while I have more of a rose scent. It comes with being a vampire," Jinah explained.

"What do I smell like then?" Jeno looked at the two of them.

"You smell like oranges," Donghyuck said. "It's not that bad, though. One time, I met a Convertir who smelt like rotten bananas and had to get him kicked out of the club because he smelled just awful."

"Oh my god, I remember that guy! He tried hitting on half the girls in the club," Jinah grimaced as she remembered that awful day.

Jinah and Donghyuck reminisced that day together, the growing pressure in Jeno's pants killing him. He looked anxiously at the two of them before interrupting them and almost crying, "What do I do about this?"

"I thought you said you weren't turned on?" Jinah teased the suffering boy.

"Jinah, please," Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "There's a bathroom out the door and to your left."

Jeno thanked Donghyuck before dashing out of the room and going to the bathroom. Jinah sat down in the chair and crossed her ridiculously long legs and rested her arms on the armrest. She looked at Donghyuck with a straight face and said, "What if I wanted to help him relieve it?"

"Jinah, shut up," Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "I got a text from Jisung telling me to make sure you don't touch him until they interrogate him. They really don't trust that guy because he knew about vampires before you converted him."

"Ugh, fine," Jinah uncrossed her legs and spread them as she stretched out her back. The door opened at that moment, and Jinah and Donghyuck both looked to the door to see Jeno. The door closed quickly, and Donghyuck had to refrain from laughing as Jinah stood up and said, "I'm going to go find him."

"Don't touch him, Jinah," Donghyuck yelled as Jinah left the room.

Jinah wandered down the halls of Chanmi's main house. Chanmi had seven houses, but they weren't as big as any of Jisung's. Typically, Jisung hated having any vampire at his place- he couldn't only tolerate purebloods- which was why they all liked to hang out at Chanmi's houses. The gang couldn't stay at Renjun's house because he was the safe house; if the vampires ever got to a point in time where their species were in danger, his house was the refuge place. After Jaemin got engaged to Chanmi, their houses merged, but for some reason, Jaemin thought it would be a better idea if all the houses went under Chanmi's name, which was why they all hung out at Chanmi's place.

It was funny how she went to the bathroom on the left where Donghyuck first told Jeno to go and couldn't find Jeno, hence the reason why she was wandering through the halls. She tried to pinpoint his location by trying to find his scent, but she couldn't find it for some reason. She passed her own room (she lived in Chanmi's main house), only to hear a quiet exhale. She backtracked her steps and pressed her ear against her bedroom door.

"Now I know why you told me I shouldn't be a vampire," she heard Jeno whisper. "I can't resist these damn urges. Why does she smell so freaking good?"

Jinah almost laughed when she heard him. She walked away from the bedroom and left Jeno in her room. Jeno, meanwhile, was going through the stuff in her room while he was on the phone with his friends.

"Are you sure it'll be in her room?" Jeno asked the person on the other line.

"I could've sworn I saw him hand it over to her. I need my gun back," the voice said.

"Mark, it's not in here, and I can't hold it in anymore I have to do something about this," Jeno hissed into the phone. "I'll see if they'll talk about the gun that Renjun guy stole from you. I got to go."

Jeno hung up the phone and looked around Jinah's room for another split second. He looked at her bed and felt more blood rush through his body. He shook his head and left the room before running off to the bathroom. He really didn't like being a vampire at that moment. After relieving himself in the bathroom, Jeno returned to the room that he was supposed to be "locked up" in. He returned to see Jinah holding Donghyuck in a headlock and ruffling his hair up.

"Did I walk in on something?" Jeno eyed the two.

"No," Jinah shook her head. "I just punished Donghyuck for saying something stupid. Anyway, you shouldn't be sneaking off to different rooms in the house, but I didn't punish you for that because of your little situation."

Jeno looked down to his waist and covered himself while looking away and blushing. Donghyuck broke free of Jinah's headlock and cleared his throat as he said to Jinah, "Anyway, it's almost sunrise, and I want to get some rest, so one of us is going to have to watch the Convertir and make sure he doesn't try anything since we're still trying to hire new security."

"I could watch after him," Jinah said. "I promise I won't try anything with him."

"Nice try, but Jisung will kill me if I do that. On top of that, I don't trust this kid, so I would prefer if Renjun or Jisung were here to watch him, but you know Jisung."

Jinah nodded and said, "I'll go get Renjun, then."

Jinah left the room, leaving the two boys in there together. There was awkward silence between them before Jeno said quietly, "I have a name, you know."

"Can it, Convertir," Donghyuck shot back.

They were silent for a good five minutes before Jinah came back into the room with Chenle.

"That was fast," Donghyuck said.

"I was in the living room," Chenle responded.

"Chanmi already called him, apparently. She was actually supposed to come and watch over Jeno, but something came up," Jinah explained.

"Alright, well have fun with the Convertir, Chenle," Donghyuck said as he grabbed Jinah's arm. "We'll be off."

Chenle waved at the two as they left the room before he turned to Jeno, who was sitting in the chair in the room. He smiled at him and said, "No hard feelings, but you're the reason why we're in this mess."

Jeno nodded and smiled. He knew the mess he created, and he was proud of it.