CHAPTER NINE: MARK

Jaemin inherited most of Doyoung's wealth after his death- Renjun was able to forge his will so that the government didn't get any of Doyoung's belongings. He sat in one of Doyoung's houses one day while staring at the card the hooded figure gave him. He inspected the card front and back before tucking the card into his suit jacket.

"Mark Lee," Jaemin muttered to himself. "Mark, huh."

"Jaemin, what are you up to?" Jisung asked as he entered the room. "We're going to be late for Chenle's party."

"Nothing," Jaemin smiled as he got up. "I was just thinking about something."

"Alright. We really should be going, though," Jisung said as he exited the room.

Jaemin put a hand over the jacket pocket that had the card. He nodded and followed Jisung out of the house.

Chenle's party was at DRINK, but it was closed off to the general public vampires; only those on the select list could get into the party that night. Jaemin didn't like being around other vampires for so long. He didn't like other vampires, but he never showed that since he was supposed to be the new richest vampire, which meant he had to be presentable and not show distaste to other vampires. He was forced into a conversation with some mixed blood vampires at the part and was drinking his blood wine rather quickly. He didn't want blood wine, though. He wanted alcohol. He left the group after a while and went to the bar. He didn't like drinking alone, but he found himself drinking alone that night, and he drank a lot too. He drank to the point where he couldn't recognize his surroundings.

At some point in the night, Jaemin left DRINK and he wandered through the city. He got to a human pub and started dancing around with some of the girls there- suit and all. He flirted with various girls that night, and somehow, he was able to bring one home with him. He went to the biggest house he inherited from Doyoung and went to the master bedroom. The servants tried to stop Jaemin, but it was of no use; Jaemin was completely and utterly drunk. He did unspeakable things to the girl he brought home that night, and he converted her too. Jaemin, the pureblood, converted a human.

The human was passed out on Jaemin's bed when Jaemin woke up and got a little sober at night. He could smell her stench, and he hated it. He was so angry. How could he go out and convert a human? How could he, a pureblood, let one drunk mistake taint his blood? He needed to atone his sin; he had to get rid of this human. Jaemin looked to the jacket pocket to where the card was and fished it out. He called Mark up as he sanitized his hands and gingerly kicked the human off his bed so that she got off but didn't wake up. The phone rang a couple of times before a rough voice answered on the third ring.

"This is Vampire Exterminator Services, Mark speaking," the voice answered. "How can I help you?"

"I need a Convertir killed," Jaemin said.

"May I ask who requests my service?" Mark asked.

"This is Na Jaemin," Jaemin answered.

"Ah, yes, the pureblood," Jaemin heard Mark snicker. "Why do you need the Convertir killed?"

"I converted her," Jaemin hissed into the phone. "You need to get rid of her. I can't have people knowing that I'm not a pureblood anymore."

The line was silent for a good several seconds before Mark said quietly, "Are you fucking drunk?"

"What do you mean?" Jaemin asked, only to realize what he said. He groaned and said, "Fuck off, I'm very hungover."

Jaemin heard Mark scoff before saying, "Give me a time and location, and maybe if you give me enough time, you'll sober up a bit."

"Fifteen minutes, DRINK," Jaemin spat out.

"Consider your job done," Mark said quickly before hanging up.

Jaemin slipped the card and phone into his jacket pocket as the human on the floor stirred. She looked up at Jaemin with dark red eyes and asked, "Where am I?"

"You're in my house," Jaemin rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair.

"How did I get here?" she groaned and held her head.

"You got insanely drunk and came home with me, how else would you end up in some strangers house," Jaemin was clearly irritated, but the girl didn't even know- she was that oblivious.

"I feel sick," the girl visibly turned green as her cheeks puffed up.

Before Jaemin could even react, she hurled all of the alcohol she consumed the night before onto Jaemin's posh wolfskin rug. He gagged at the sight of this pathetic human turned vampire and exhaled sharply. He grabbed the human by her arm and yanked her out of his room. He got one of the servants to dispose of not only the rug but as well as his bedsheets and instructed that they burn them at once as he dragged the girl out of the house and into his car.

"I can't believe my fucking luck," Jaemin hissed under his breath as he got into the driver's seat and started the car. "I have to get rid of this fucking car too since this dumb human contaminated everything."

"Where are we going?" the human slurred her words- she was still slightly drunk.

Jaemin didn't answer her. He got to DRINK as soon as he could. As he got out of the car, Jaemin considered just burning his car with the human inside, but he knew the murder would trace back to him, so he decided not to burn his car just yet. He dragged the human up to one of the private rooms and tossed her inside. She was asking too many questions at once, and Jaemin was seconds away from strangling her. A couple minutes later, Mark showed up into the room, and he had the human at point-blank.

"What are you doing?" the human was a lot less drunk at this point.

"Give me the word, and I'll do it, Na Jaemin," Mark said quietly.

Jaemin opened his mouth only to get interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Jaemin motioned for Mark to hide. The knocking on the door continued as Jaemin delivered one swift blow to the back of the human's neck and knocking her out. He then laid her down on the bed before opening the door.

"Renjun, what are you doing here?" Jaemin asked with false concern.

"I heard from the house," Renjun said breathlessly as he entered the room. "What are you planning on doing with her?"

"I'm planning on killing it," Jaemin snarled out.

Renjun looked to the bed to see that the human was lifeless. He looked to Jaemin with disappointed eyes and whispered, "You already killed her?"

Jaemin didn't even get the chance to respond. Renjun walked over to the body, picked up the human, and said, "I'll expose of the body. Don't get your nails dirty."

Jaemin couldn't even tell if Renjun was being snarky. Before Jaemin could say anything, Renjun left the room with the human in his arms, the door closing behind him. Mark got out of his hiding place and exclaimed, "What the hell just happened?"

Jaemin was speechless. He looked at Mark blankly. Mark rolled his eyes and shoved Jaemin away as he said, "Move. I'm going to go kill that girl."

Mark left the room, and he never came back. Jaemin waited for a good thirty minutes before leaving the room himself and heading back to one of his houses. He had to rid himself of that filthy human stench.