CHAPTER FIVE: HUNTERS

"What's the status of the new security guards?" Jisung asked Renjun.

The two were standing in Renjun's living room, Renjun staring at a file. Renjun didn't respond- he was too engrossed in the files he was looking at. Jisung tried to get Renjun's attention; he snapped his fingers, waved in Renjun's face, and at some point, he started dancing like an idiot, but Renjun only looked up when Jisung accidentally kicked his shoe into Renjun's shin.

"Jisung, what the hell?" Renjun yelped as he held his calf in pain with one hand and balanced his file in the other hand.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that," Jisung collected his shoe and put it back on.

"The new security guards just finished their training and have replaced the old guards, which means the extermination is under process," Renjun stated. "There's something that's been bothering me, though."

"What is it?" Jisung asked.

Renjun opened the file he was looking at and turned to a page. Jisung peered over his shoulder and looked at the profile. He then looked at Renjun and asked, "What about him?"

"I feel like I've seen him before," Renjun murmured. "I guess he must have tried to kill me one night, I just don't remember why. We've had plenty close calls with hunters before, but he's just sticking out to me for some reason."

"Maybe it's just the fact that his name doesn't match his face," Jisung shrugged. "He looks like a foreigner, but his name is Minhyung? That's definitely odd."

"No, it's not that," Renjun shook his head. "Look at his eyes."

"Yeah, he looks like a foreigner," Jisung nodded.

"Really? I don't see it," Renjun closed the file and set it on the coffee table that the two boys stood before.

"He has blonde hair and blue eyes," Jisung rolled his eyes. "He's at least got to be a mix of European and Asian."

"I guess you're right," Renjun sighed.

"What are you two kids chit-chatting about?" Jaemin asked.

Jaemin entered the house and went straight to the living room where the other two purebloods were standing. He sat down on the sofa and snapped his fingers, a butler arriving within seconds with wine and a wine glass. Jisung and Renjun stared at the butler and Jaemin as the butler poured Jaemin a glass of blood wine. The butler left, and Jaemin picked up his glass. Before he took a sip of his wine, he glanced at the two staring boys.

"What?" Jaemin asked as he drank his wine.

"Nothing, you're just," Jisung had to pause to clear his throat. "You're more at home in our houses than we are."

Jaemin blinked and shrugged as he took another sip of his wine. He set down his glass and pointed at the file on the coffee table labeled "HUNTERS" while chuckling, "Why is this thing still out? I thought we handled the issue?"

"Not yet. We still have to interrogate the Convertir. We finished replacing the security, though, which is why I put those files away," Renjun stated.

"Who's going to interrogate him?" Jaemin picked up the file.

"We were thinking maybe me, but Donghyuck seems pretty adamant on figuring out who the guy is because of Jinah," Jisung said.

Jaemin nodded and opened the file. He looked through the profiles and laughed as he got to one. He pointed at the profile and said, "This has to be a mistake, why is he in this profile?"

"Who, Doyoung?" Renjun turned his head. "You didn't know about him?"

"He was a pureblood that got himself killed by a hunter," Jaemin said matter-of-factly.