Chapter 5: My Run In with the Cute Guy

Sorry to all the forest animals that died in that fire. I didn't mean for you to get in the way.

Anyways, after I set that tree on fire, the fire kind of spread. A lot. I didn't exactly think through my plan very well because, at the time, I did not know that I could withstand fire. So when the fire started spreading, I ran for my life. We have already established that I can't exactly run very well, so the fire caught up to me quickly. I thought, well this is it. I'll see all y'all in the heaven, but it was a nice surprise to find out that I could, in fact, survive being in the middle of a forest fire. Cool, huh?

So, I continued my trek towards no destination, just out of this forest fire. Seriously, it was getting hot, like spending a summer in Texas hot. I was walking for hours and hours and hours, until I emerged from the fire while it was raining, before it before stopping, which I then realized it was a helicopter spraying down water to put out the fire. I saw that it was light outside, and I was right next to a road; a win, win for me! Maybe I hadn't walked for hours.

I then walked down the road, hoping that it will eventually lead to some type of town, but making sure to stay in the tree's so that I won't be spotted and taken back to that prison place. Speaking of which, they need to get better security.

I continued down the road, this time actually walking for hours in hours. It had curved so it was taking me away from the forest fire. Soon I couldn't even see the blazing fire behind me, and by that time it was pitch black, forcing me to stop and sleep. It had been a loooong day with too much running on my part, so I was wiped out. I climbed up into a tree that had been lucky enough to escape the flames. I curled up on a branch, hoping that some animal won't decide to attack me before I wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I was not so lucky to escape the wrath of animals. I woke up at dawn to a squirrel clawing my face, but to be honest, I don't blame. I might've accidentally killed his family.

I got up and started walking again. Then I heard this dying whale noise.
It was my stomach.

Wow, I guess I haven't eaten in a long time. Which also means that I haven't drunk anything for a long time too, which could be bad. See, even though I can't touch water doesn't mean I can't drink it, so I can still die of dehydration.

Okay, Briana, you have two options. One, you can keep walking in hopes that you find a town where you can get some food. Two, you could kill an animal here to eat and not test your luck. I went with option one because I have killed too many animals today, and I don't have the heart to actually look at one while I kill it.

I continued down the road, while the sun continued to rise and then dip in the sky, while the earth continued to rotate, and my stomach continued to make dying whale noises. What a depressing day yet again.

Just as I was about to stop again at dusk from exhaustion, I turned around a bend, and it was my lucky day. There was a huge rod iron gate on my left, and beyond that was a road that went up the hill to a private school. And since my luck was going well today, someone happened to be pulling out of the gate, but then my luck ran out. The person driving the car was a guy with the brown, slightly longer clean-cut hairstyle with blonde highlights etched in and some caramel looking brown eyes. Basically, an extremely cute guy pulled up beside me, and he was driving a white, Royce's convertible I might add. He had to see me in my worst possible state ever.

"What happened to you?" he asked. "You look like a squirrel attacked your face, and then you had a wrestling match with a tree."

"Well you're not so good looking yourself," I fired back, which was a complete lie. "And just so you know, I was attacked by a squirrel."

"Oh really," he said with a smirk. This guy had the nerve to smirk. "Did the squirrel win?"

"Oh be quiet," I grumbled and crossed my arms.

"So you need a ride? I can't think of any other reasons as to why you would be walking down this road and fighting squirrel."

"I don't need help from some big headed guy," but my stomach did not agree with me, and proceeded to make dying whale noises.

He raised an eyebrow.

"All right fine, since you begged me," and I made my way to his car. "Wait, are you sure you won't mind if I get your car dirty; it's extremely nice."

"Nah, I don't care. The messier it gets, the madder my parents become, but it's not like they are going to notice anyway with how busy they always are. So come on, I'm starving and I can tell you are too."

"Okay," I replied and got into the car, and he took off. I'd have to say, it felt nice to have the wind in my hair again; much better than fire. Mr. Cute But Big Head turned on the radio and started playing some 80s music that reminded me of sitting on the beach with my dad. Oh gosh, I sure do miss home. I wonder if my dad is worried, or if Cameron is worried. I wonder if Asher feels bad for what he did, or if he misses me, but my bet would be he already moved onto another girl.

I was wrapped up in my thoughts from home that I didn't realize we had pulled up to this big mansion until Mr. Cute But Big Head parked the car.

"Welcome to my not so humble home, thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Mommy and Daddy," he said as he got out of the car. "Come on in, I'll show you around."

"Wait," I said. "I don't even know your name."

"Well, you tell me first," he replied while crossing his arms. "After all, you are coming into my house."

"Briana. Briana Winter."

"That's pretty," he said, which made me blush. I sure hope he didn't see that.

"I'm Pax. Pax Scott."

Authors Note:
WE MET PAX!! Sorry I completely ship him with Bri. Also, my idea of what he would look like is up at the top and he is a total hottie.