Chapter 20: HAPPY EXECUTION!

"Oh poop," I said to myself. "I had to make a grand entrance."

Apparently, I was on some sort of chain loop in the ceiling because I started swinging forward, while I was still spinning. Bill was being an evil person, as usual, so he moved me faster than I would have liked, then suddenly stopped. Since I was still spinning, I had fully turned around now and smacked heads with Pax.

"Oh, hi," I paused for a second to get turned back around. "Pax. Nice to," pause again, "see you again."

"Hi, Bri," Pax said with a look. He was tied to the big wooden pole in the center of the area with Trixie next to him. He didn't look too bad. I mean he was still super cute, but he had a black eye and a few scratches here and there.

Some people came behind me and started to untie my feet. I realized it too late, so I landed flat on my back and got the wind knocked out of me.

"Bri, are you okay?" Pax asked, trying to pull against his ties to look at me.

"Fine!" I gasped.

"Hey! What did I tell you?" one of the guards told Pax, and hi him in the gut with the flat side of his sword. "No talking!"

Other guards lifted me to my feet and shoved me up against the wooden pole Pax was tied to and tied me to it as well. I didn't put up a fight since I was still struggling to breathe.

When the guards walked away, Pax whispered to me, "so, that was some entrance you had there."

"Yeah," Trixie butted in, who was next to me too since, you know, poles are round. "I would've been like 'that's my queen!' if you had done something useful, but you still looked like a boss, even if it was only for two seconds."

"Yeah," I gasped, still trying to suck in air. "I'm sorry guys."

"Okay, so I don't know what Trixie was trying to say, but I was trying to say that you looked beautiful."

"Really?" I asked, trying to look at him. I was still a little out of breath but mostly had it under control.

"Yeah. I didn't know when I would have another chance to say that, so I decided to say it now."

"Don't worry, we will survive this. I know we can."

"You know, it's kind of sweet how you guys are having a moment while a hundred people in here are chanting for your blood," Trixie commented. She was right. I hadn't even been paying attention to the crowd up to this point.

"Okay guys so here's what we are going to do," I whispered to them.

"Please don't make me say I peed my pants again," Pax said. "That was embarrassing."

"What?" Trixie asked.

"Long story," I replied. "And for the record, you chose to say that. Anyways, that was beside the point. What I am going to do is I will burn both of y'alls ropes, but I want you to hold them in place so that the guards don't see you breaking away. The only way I can get mine is if I burst into full flames, and I can't do that without attracting too much attention. What I am going to do is some other jazz, don't worry about me, but for you guys, when you see me use my powers, you can drop the ropes and help. We are going to have one heck of a fight."

"Okay, wait," Trixie said. "I don't know what I'm doing."

"I just explained it."

"I wasn't paying attention."

I sighed. "So, I'm going to burn off y'alls ropes, but y'all will hold them in place so the guards don't see you breaking free. Then, when you see me use my powers in front of everyone, then y'all can drop you ropes and help me because it will be a big battle."