*15* Sound Ninja

*Natsume's P.O.V.*

"You might wanna try being a little more quiet. I mean you're all rookies fresh out of the academy." He said as he looked us up and down. "This isn't a class field trip."

"Field trip? What's that?" I muttered to myself.

"Hey who asked you!? Who are you!?" Ino yelled.

"I'm Kabuto Yukushi." he said. "Look around you, you've made quit an impression."

Doing as he said, we all looked and noticed everyone in the room was staring intensly at us.

"Tch, like I care. Ill take them all on." I said nonchantly causing the rookies to gasp and look at me shocked. "Me and Joy got this. Right Joy?"

"Right!" The little cat said happily.

"Its ok though, you're only rookies so you don't know how things work. You remind me of myself a while back." He said with a creepy smile.

"This isn't your first time taking the exam?" Sakura questioned.

"No...its my...seventh." He said, embarrassed. "They're held twice a year so this will be my fourth year."

"Wow a veteran! You must be an expert by now." Sakura said in awe.

"Yea right. Or hes just really weak." I grumbled under my breath.

"Hn." Sasuke...hn'ed? from beside me. "Whats wrong with you?"

"I don't trust him...he's hiding something." I said as I glared at the silver haired male. "His heart is beating rapidly and he's sweating."

"Maybe I can help you." Kabuto suddenly said as he pulled out some orange cards.

"What the heck are those?" Sakura questioned.

He then began explaining a lot of stuff that just confused me so I just tuned them out.

"And just for fun, Natsume Dragneel." Sasuke said, snapping me out of my daze.

"Huh?" I questioned, confused.

"Rock Lee, a year older than you guys. 11 C ranked missions and 20 D-ranked missions. Sensei is Gai and his Taijutsu is crazy high but his other skills are pretty shaky. He got a lot of attention last year but didn't participate in the chunnin exams so this year is his first try. His team mates are Tenten and Neiji Hyuuga."

"Ok, now for Gaara of the Dessert....Mission experience, 8 C ranks and 1 B rank. Not much info on him. He was a rookie from another land. But it seems he survived every mission with out getting a scratch on him."

"Whoaa~ I knew Panda-chan was strong!" I said in awe. "I want to fight him now!"

Everyone just stared at me like I was stupid.

"And finally Natsume Dragneel. Hmmm...There nothing for her except mission experience, 1 B rank and 5 Ranks, her partner is Joy and her teammates and sensei but I'm sure you guys know that." Kabuto said, slightly shocked. "Just who are you?"

"Hmm..Can I see the card for a moment." I asked as I held my hand out to him.

"Oh uh sure. Here." He said while handing me the card with my name.

"Hmm" I said while looking at the card in my hands. I then engulfed my hand in flames, burning the card to a crisp. I then glared at Kabuto as I dropped the ashes to the ground. "Don't ever store my information in one of your card thingies again or ill burn all of them and you to a crisp."

Again, everyone looked at me shocked at my actions.

"A-are you ok Natsume-chan?" Naruto stuttered out.

"Huh? Oh I'm fine. Why?" I said with a smile on my face.

"N-no reason!" He replied quickly.

"As you can see the competition is tough this year." Kabuto said, successfully frightening everyone.

Naruto started shaking before finally bursting out yelling. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki and I'm gonna beat everyone of you! Believe it!"

"Haha! That's right! And I'm Natsume Dragneel and I'm all fired up!" I yelled as I slammed my fist into my hand. I could hear and sense Kakashi-sensei outside the door laughing.

"What are those idiots doing!? Are they trying to get us killed!?" Ino yelled, starting an argument between her and Sakura.

I was laughing with Naruto when suddenly I sensed a killer intent. Listening carefully, I could hear those sound ninja talking together with each other.

"Naruto! Natsume! You Jackasses! What the hell are you spouting!?" Sakura yelled as she strangled me and the blonde boy. "Are you trying to get us killed!?"

"Those sound ninja are about to attack." I whispered, ignoring Sakura as I got out of her hold. I then went into defensive mode incase they tried to attack me or any of my friends.

As they jumped out I just sat back and watched as they only attacked Kabuto who managed to dodge their attacks. Though his glasses broke. "So it was that kind of attack."

'What is he talking about...? He clearly dodged the attack!' I thought to my self confused. My eyes then widened as a thought popped into my head. 'Unless....he attacked with sound waves!'

"Wait, I saw the attack. He dodged it! So how did that happen?" Sasuke yelled.

"It must have been closer then it seemed." Shikamaru said. "Tch look at him acting like it was nothing. Real tough guy!" and just as he said that, Kabuto fell to his knees shaking before puking up his lunch.

"Ew...that smells..." I said while scrunching up my nose.

"Aye...very disturbing too." Joy from, still on top of my head.

"What did he...?" Naruto started confused.

"Kabuto what wrong? What is it?" Sakura yelled. The two of them then ran over to try and help him up.

Looking around, I could tell the rookies were still shocked and confused so I decided to help them out in order to lower their fear some.

"Let me help you guys out a bit." I said as I stepped forward in front of everyone. "I may not know much about ninja attacks or chakra but I do know how to fight. Its true that Kabuto did dodge the attack but it seems you guys forgot what village they're from. They attacked with sound waves. So all though he dodged the punch, the sound waves still travelled forward and hit Kabuto. Had the punch did hit him, Kabuto would probably have a hole in his stomach and would be dead right now."

"Whoa Natsume-chan! You just sounded really smart right there!" Joy said happily as she flew in front of my face.

"I did, didn't I?" I replied back, just as happy.

'Whoa I just sounded so smart right there! I'm sure Erza would be proud of me! I bet Natsu-nii would be jealous too! Haha!'

As I finished my explanation a large poof sound was heard and smoke filled the room.

"Alright all you baby-faced degenerates. Pipe down and listen up." A voice from in the smoke said. Once it cleared, it revealed a big man with scars on his face and ninja standing behind him. "Its time to begin. I'm Ibiki Morino, your proctor and from this moment, your worst enemy."