Chapter 1_Rival

Mei POV

I was in my personal locker room, preparing myself for a death match. I'm going against my greatest rival yet. Yuzuko Ogoki. I despise her and she despises me.

We've been like this since we were 6. It may sound stupid but it's true. I'm currently pacing back and forth in my ice skates. It was purple with white laces.

I heard the door open and walked in my best friend, Himeko. She found me and relief washed over her.

"MeiMei! You're on now!" I carefully make my way to the door, making sure I don't trip.

I take a deep breath and made my way to the ice rink. The cold breeze immediately made me relax. I looked around and there I found her. My greatest rival smiling like nothing's wrong. I will win this time and break the record.

"And there goes Mei Aihara!" I skate my way to the center doing small tricks.

"It seems like today she's going against her greatest rival, Yuzuko Ogoki" I grimace at the sound of her name.

"Let's see who wins this! I'm all hyped up!"

She skimmed her way towards me after waving to her best friend. We glare each other off and don't look else where.

"Looks like there's some real tension between these two! Let's see who will break the record!" My glare only gets colder.

I'm pretty sure we both could freeze hell over with just a glance at this point. Now you're probably wondering why we hate each other so dearly.

Well, when we were young we had to face each other in an ice skating contest. We were, and still are, very skilled. In results we ended up with the same scores.

It made us so furious that we devoted our lives to defeat each other. My bones ache just at the sound of us working together. What type of person would anyway.

"I'm winning" we both said at the same time.

Our glare grew even colder as the speaker guy finally called us off. I gave her one last glare before skating my way to my side.

"The competition begins..." That's our calling to get in our stances.

I put my palm on my chest, left foot behind the right. She did that silly pose that somehow, didn't make her fall. Her right hand was out and her feet apart. She had the stupid grin on her face too.

I'm ready. I'm prepared. I'm not losing to this pathetic, and childish blonde! I gripped my shirt and hoped for the best. Wish me luck Himeko.

"NOW!" That's our cue.

We immediately start skimming the ice. I started off with some different moves that I'm now used too. It took some time but I managed it. I bent myself down slightly and titled my body.

The crowd was legit screaming in awe. I smirked slightly and flipped, landing perfectly on the ice. Claps, screams, and shouts we're heard throughout our battle off.

I jumped some feet in the air and twirled around. I touched the ice gracefully, my left foot in the air still.

The lights turned off and the colorful lights were put on us. She smirked and skimmed off. I did the same and prepared for my rather intense move. I turned around to see she was doing the same.

Now! I leaped up and did the somersault I practiced for months. The crowd went quiet until I heard a louder clanking sound. I looked over at her and it seems we did the same trick!?

The crowd went crazy but I'm furious. How the HELL did she find out!? There's no way she planned on doing that too!

"WOAH! Did you see that Aden? That's what you call professional!"