Chapter 4_Work with me

Yuzu POV

"I'm your what!?"

This outburst only got the attention of everybody else in the auditorium. My breath was hitched in my throat as I couldn't find the right words to say.

"There's no way in hell I'm working with her" Aihara said, glaring me down coldly.

"That's something big for a lonely person like you" I said while tapping my foot lightly.

She seemed shocked at what I did, and for once, I saw something behind those annoying purple eyes. There was sadness clouding those orbs.

For some reason I felt guilty. Like I hit her right in the sensitive area. Then I remembered what she said that one night. Come back. She immediately gained back her posture before spitting back at me.

"Says the girl that's smaller than me" she shot back as everybody made a crowd.

"At least-!"

"ENOUGH!" Yurio pulled us apart.

I growled lightly at him before he looked up again. There was this hint of annoyance in his eyes that annoyed me. I pushed the guy back aggressively.

"This is none of your business Yurio!" I yelled at him.

"I don't get why you're fighting if I'm going to win anyway" I hate this guy so much.

Last year he got first as I got second place. He rubbed it all in my face and almost made me quit. Thank god for Harumin. I growled at him, picking him up by the collar.

"Oh yeah!? I'll ice your ass when I'm done with you!" I shoved him back as his partner Dawn came up to him.

"Leave him alone!" She sounded like she put helium inside of herself.

Like, 3 containers of it. Her voice was so squeaky that I'm pretty sure the birds flew away. I cringed at the sound and so did everyone else.

This girl needs a nick name. To my surprise Aihara grabbed her and shoved her backwards.

"This has nothing to do with you squeaky" she said very coldly.

I put my fist to my mouth, attempting to hold in my laughter. Squeaky! Good one Aihara. Luckily I wasn't the only one holding in laughter.

"Back off my partner!" Yurio said with a non threatening tone.

"Listen, do yourself a favor and take your squeaky ass girlfriend somewhere else, and leave us alone" I said with an actual threatening tone.

He seemed to get the hint and headed for the door. Once he opened it he turned back to look at me.

"I'll see you at the pair offs...Ogoki" He closed the door and I nearly went to break it down.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, assuming it was Harumin. I spun my head around and saw Aihara shaking her head lightly.

"We'll deal with them later. For now let's just focuse on the tournament" I could see that she really wanted to win this, and so did I.

I sighed but nodded my head, agreeing with her. She let go of my shoulder and I saw Harumin run up to me.

"I can't believe that pink haired brat is my partner!" She exclaimed.

I giggled at her, only for her to become more infuriated.

"That's not funny Yuzuko" shit. She means that.

I nod my head fast, immediately stopping my laughter. She smirked, putting her hands around her neck. There was small pattering footsteps running towards us.

"Taniguchi-senpai~!" I heard a husky, cold, and young voice.

Harumin instantly ran outside the doors, sending me in laughter. I put my arms around my head, my skates hanging by the strings. I heard the clanking sounds of when they made contact.

"Ogoki" my attention was turned towards the devil.

"We should practice" I nod my head.

To be honest I really wasn't in the mood to fight her anymore. Yurio ruined it with his big mouth. Right when we were in front the doors another duet shouts at us.

"Hey Ogoki, Aihara!" We turned around to be met with Victor and Aden.

"We'll beat you for sure" they smirked.

I grinned and put my ice skates towards them.

"You're on!"

We walked out the doors to be met with the cool breeze outside. I turned myself over to where I left my motorcycle. I picked up my helmet and jabbed it on my head.

I heard awkward shuffling behind me. I titled my head and saw Aihara twiddling with her thumbs. That's odd. She usually just tells me straight up.

"Listen, I still hate you" she said coldly.

I rolled my eyes and revved up my bike.

"But...can we...get a-a-along?" My eyes widened at the sudden question.

Never in a million years would I think that Aihara would want to get along with me. Further more me get along with her. We've been on each other's necks since we were 6!

Is a little competition really changing that. She seemed unsure but I really wanted to win this. I sighed and looked at her expressionless face.

"Sure thing" I smiled lightly before I drove off.

The wind was hitting my helmet aggressively. All these emotions right now are just too much. First, I have to not rip off Yurio's head, and I have to get along with Aihara.

I'm not falling for that "can we get along?" Crap. I'm keeping my guard up. My grip on the handles tightened. But maybe it wouldn't hurt...no! I will not fall for it. I notice that the skating ring I practiced at was nearby.

I drove a little bit faster, knowing the cops won't arrest me. The wind was seriously giving me goosebumps. It made me shiver but it felt so nice at the same time.

It was only 11:54. The sun is out with a cool breeze which for one, feels fantastic. I pulled up on the side hoping nobody was here. Figuring that almost every ice skater in town went to the pairings.

I sighed in relief once I saw nobody was here. I opened the door and sat down on a bench. I began to pull off my shoes and put my skates on. I heard a car pull up and it made my nerves go crazy.

Just great, I swear if it's Yurio... The door opened to reveal a tall girl with purple eyes that I knew all to well. She looked at me shocked slightly. She must've thought I wouldn't even show up.

She sat down next to me awkwardly and started putting her skates on. I got up after putting my other skate on. I carefully opened the small door to the ice field. I skated to the center and looked at her.

She also got up and skated to me. We stood there, face to face.

"Okay so if we want to blow them away we have to go crazy" I said in my professional voice.

"But if we want to blow them away you're gonna need to.." I trailed off.

Right when I was about to finish my sentence she cut me off short.

"Work with me"