Chapter 1 - The beginning of something unseemingly huge

Alright, I know. It's a new Solby book. Yippie! However, I'm aware by making a third Solby book - I'll have more books to update. I'm ready to take that risk though, cause I have so many ideas. So many, no joke.

This one is an AU. It takes place in high school.

Colby is 18 and so is Sam, and Colby is part of a "tough" friendship group.
Sam is part of a "nerdy" friendship group. They are part of the same class, and one day - the school announces something huge which brings the "nerdy" group together with the "tough" group.

Ayy, let's do this.

————

Sam's P.O.V
Last year of high school. You'd think I'd be excited to announce that.
About to jump out into the real world and start my careers, face consequences head on and succeed in what I do best...
But no, I'm overwhelmed by anxiety and fears. The kinds that shouldn't be there.
The kinds that make you sick to the stomach. It's an awful feeling, but luckily I'm not alone with it.

"Sammie, cheer up"
I wasn't aware that my fears shone through, but apparently it did. My eyes which was subconsciously staring at the floor now raised up to meet two pairs of brown eyes and a bright, positive smile.

"Thanks, Lola. But I'm really not in the mood right now" I admitted.
Lola tilts her head as she keeps staring at me. Her smile faltered slightly due to concern, and she places her hand on my shoulder for support and comfort.

"Something on your mind?"

Lola's always been the kind to get what she wants. If she sees that I'm bothered by something, she'll do everything in her might to make me come out with the truth. However, the truth isn't always easy to spout. I look at her and half smiles, which made her pimped up eyebrows form into a frown.

"There is.." she whispers nervously. Her hand remains on my shoulder, and I nod slowly.
Lola and I has been friends since childhood, so we do not keep secrets out from each other. I was going to tell her about my worries and fears, but to my head it just sounded like I was whining and being a big baby about it all. Which made it 10 times harder to say.

"Yeah.. but I'm not so sure if I'm ready to say—"
"Samuel, you know you can tell me anything. Anything. I won't be mad"
I sigh, troubled.

"I'm just nervous about my-"

But when I least expect it...
The douchebags enters the lobby.

"About your what? Sexuality?"
Fuck me.

"Hey Colby, you better watch your tongue around me and Sam" Lola attempts.
It's cute how she attempts to seem scary and intimidating, when I know that when she tries - she only puts fuel to the fire. Colby does one of those rude smirks and scoffs.

"It's cute how gays keep together like this. Isn't it boys?" Colby starts, and pokes the rest of the group with his elbows. They laugh and nods, agreeing to what Colby was saying. Lola stands up fully, and faces Colby. The group known as the 'tough' group tenses and stands in a defensive stance towards Lola. I was sitting down where I sat down from the start and watched it all unfold. I knew that if Colby attempted violence, he'd be suspended. That is something this school doesn't take lightly. However, words? That's nothing apparently.

However, I didn't sit and take it lightly when he almost took a step towards her. Lola is one of the only friends I have left, so I see her as family. If family is threatened, I step in.

"Yo, take your filthy foot back a step would you?" I snap, standing up and facing Colby this time. I used to think Colby was extremely handsome, and I kind of used to have a huge crush on him. But the moment I saw his personality, all those feelings and impressions washed away. Now I don't like him one bit.