Chapter 3 - Intense

Warning.. this chapter tackles a lot of dark thoughts and abusive parenting. If this is something that you cannot handle, I don't want you to read it. It's for your own safety. If you are strong enough to go through this chapter - remember, this is fictional. And that I would never harm any of you knowingly by writing about this stuff. ♥️ I have friends who's going through similar things. I know how tough it is. Please seek help for it. ♥️

Sam's P.O.V

Waking up the next day, I felt wind caressing my legs. My eyes flutter open softly, and I realize either my mother or my 'dad' had opened the window whilst I was asleep. I let my lazy and tired eyes scan the room. What day was it? Friday? Monday? My mind was hazy and out of focus.

"Sam! You're late!" I suddenly heard. Mom. I sighed heavily and checked my phone. I indeed was. I also noticed that both David and Lola had tried to reach me. I shot out of bed and ran towards my wardrobe. I put on my school uniform and rushed downstairs. I didn't have time to stop for breakfast, nor did I want to stop for breakfast now when dad's home. Where the hell is Larry?

I managed to catch the bus before it drove away, luckily, and as I walked down the aisle of the seats, I saw David and Lola all the way down - holding an empty bus seat for me. I smile at them and they spot me, smiling at me as well.

"You always sleep so long dude, but I never get why" David spoke up. I laughed gently and sat down between him and Lola. Lola punching my arm playfully.

"Not my problem that you guys are morning people" I admitted. Lola and David rolled their eyes. I buckled my seatbelt on as the bus started to drive away. Me and David had small conversations about how to act if lil' mean Colby approaches. I simply told him to just ignore him.

"And if ignoring him doesn't work, we'll stand up for you. Most definitely" Lola tunes in. We all smile and nod at each other. Friends stands up for each other.

Suddenly, the bus stops abruptly - which it never does usually. The bus driver sighs heavily as she opens the doors for another student to enter the bus.

"Colby—"
Hearing that name, we all three gasped quietly for ourselves.

"—haven't I told you to arrive on time?" The bus driver continued. I looked at David and placed a supportive hand onto his shoulder, to try and calm him down. He was so on edge right now, that his eyes never moved away from looking straight at the floor in front of his feet. Lola also got nervous. But we all tried acting like we didn't care.

Colby was now visible, and I was sitting right in the middle of the bus corridor. Staring straight at him even if he was talking to the bus driver at the moment.

"Yeah.. I know. I'm sorry ma'am, it won't happen again" Colby apologized. Wait, he apologized? He rarely does that, and I could tell the whole bus was shocked from what they witnessed and heard. Why is he acting so different without his friends around? Maybe..

"Just wait, he's going to say some dumb stuff to us" David whispers. The whisper interrupting my thoughts and realizing he was approaching us. However, his eyes wasn't looking at us. He picked a seat, that was right in front of Lola. Saying nothing. Nothing at all.

We all shared surprised looks with each other, but none of us dared to provoke the beast who was silently sitting on the bus seat in front of us. This was the first time, that Colby didn't even bother to share a rude glare or anything. He just straight on sat down and minded his own business. Wow.

"I don't like this" David whispered into my ear. Lola heard him too and agreed with him. I was just sitting there, mildly intrigued by his sudden change of behavior. Even if it may just be for now.