Chapter 8 - Change

Sam's P.O.V
I remember waking up in the middle of the night to something sounding like sobbing. It was quite weird, considering only me and Colby lived in this house. I decided to get up and out of the king sized bed and look outside the room - to see if anything could be spotted.

Nothing.

This place isn't haunted, is it?
I inhaled softly and closed my eyes to collect my senses. I have to concentrate and try to listen to myself think responsibly. It's probably just my mind, right? But then it hit me. The sound actually came from Colby's room.
I am not insane and this place isn't haunted. However my brows furrows worriedly as I remember that the sobs may be from Colby.

Should I check in on him? Make sure everything's alright?
Maybe he'll just yell at me to 'get out' immediately?

However, I can't let things like this pass. I move out from my room, and gently pushed the door handle down to peak inside. He was... asleep? Wait, does that mean he's crying in his sleep?
I got a bad feeling in my stomach. This was probably the second time I thought 'poor Colby' and meant it at the same time. I decided to close the door, go downstairs - get a glass of water - go back upstairs and carefully walking into the room. Placing the glass of water right by his bed on the bedside table. I smile at my success, then tip-toed out of the room. Closing the door again.
I hope the nightmare isn't too real, however.

I've had pretty real nightmares before.

I walked back to my room, and plopped myself down onto the bed again. I was incredibly exhausted, so falling back asleep was no problem for me. I also had a dream - luckily no nightmare - but a dream where I was saved by someone. The cause of saving me? I had no idea. I didn't know who it was either - since the face wasn't there. It was just a figure, asking me if I'm alright afterwards.
I eventually woke up, interrupting the rest of the dream.
Whoever interrupted my sleep?

Of course. You guessed it.
Colby Brock.

"This stove is bullshit!" I could hear downstairs. My eyes slowly opens and light immediately hits my face, shining into my eyes. It bothered me, but I knew I had to get up sooner or later.

"Why are you screaming at a stove?!" I questioningly yells back from upstairs.
There was a moment of silence before he decided to yell back up at me.

"I had to express my anger!"
"I was sleeping!"
"Sucks for you!!" Colby yells back cockily.

I groan annoyingly and sat up in bed.
I slowly but surely woke up, then changed to other clothes. Today was day one of the trip.
I wonder what will happen today? After I changed clothes, I exit my room and yawn.
Colby was still pissed off at the stove and wouldn't stop hitting it with a spatula.
As if it would help it start working again.

"Hitting the stove with a damn spatula won't help either, Colby" I said, as my voice was accompanied by a sigh and a yawn. Colby shot glares at me, and growled under his breath. Hitting it once again... with the spatula.

"This thing burned my cheese toasts.." he whispered. I rolled my eyes and pushed Colby away from the stove gently. He was about to hit me with the spatula, but stopped when I started to make him some new cheese toasts, and put it on the pan to the stove. He crossed his arms.
"They'll only get burnt" He insisted. I looked at Colby and smirked gently, then started to make them.
Unburnt and perfect.

I handed Colby his cheese toasts on a plate and smiled politely.
"Here you have your damn toasts"
"How the hell did you do that?" He whispers and points at the plate of food. I grin softly and shrugs, deciding to keep it a secret of mine. I am simply more skilled at cooking than Colby.
But shh, don't tell him.