Chapter 6 - The pairing.

Sam's P.O.V

As everyone was waiting for the bus too arrive, I caught myself constantly looking back at Colby.
The images of yesterday and all imagination was rushing through my head. Who hurt him? How did he manage to sneak out of hospital for this? Did he even sneak out? Gosh. So many questions I'll never get any answers for. I realized I was deeply thinking about all of this, that I hadn't noticed the bus pulling in to pick all of us up. David had to put a hand on my shoulder to pull me back to reality, and I'm thankful he did. Colby just started walking towards me and the bus. If I kept staring at him he'd probably react to it. So I followed David and Lola into the car. We picked seats.

Me and Lola sat next to each other, while David picked a seat a little bit further down. I had no idea the bus would be this spaceless in the matter of seconds. Colby and his group thankfully picked the seats all the way down. Lola and I still didn't talk too much, but we managed to meet each other's gazes. We sat there awkwardly, both listening to the chit chats all around us. As well as laughters and coughs.

"Alright class! This will be a long trip, but don't worry. We'll make it together! Alright, who's excited? This school has been planning to do something big like this for a long while. It'll be a life experience, and don't expect to be spending it with someone you know! As we arrive at our destination, we'll announce teams of two - that will keep intact all these six months!!" The principal speaks, extremely overly excitedly.

Everyone in the bus, including me and Lola, groaned at that fact. Imagining spending six months with someone you don't know is horrifying. What if it doesn't work between me and whoever I can be paired with? Now I'm quite scared.

After that message, the bus starts driving. Less than half of the trip was spent in silence, sitting besides Lola who seemed to be in deep thought. I glance at her a little, as she seemed to be troubled almost.

"Lola?"
"Oh, so now you talk to me?" She whispers.
I furrowed my brows a bit, feeling the hurt in her voice as she asked that.

"You do act a bit rude when he's mentioned, Lola.. I get he's a jackass and a complete douche- but nobody, and I mean nobody, deserves to be that beaten up.." I explained softly, and quietly so it wouldn't be heard by other students in the bus. I saw how Lola glanced down the aisle and at Colby for a short second, then looked back at me.

"Of course, Sam. I just- It's hard for me to even feel any remorse for that jerk. I don't want to suddenly take a liking to someone like that" Lola explained gently. I sighed. I could party understand what she was telling me. So the anger and disappointment pointed at her behavior before disappeared a bit more.

"I understand that. Just, try to understand whatever might happen or be happening to him" I say gently. I smile softly at her, and she hesitatingly smiled back at me, nodding. The rest of the trip was spent in a way more peaceful state of being. As the bus arrived, half of the bus had fallen asleep, including Lola and David. I was one of the few awake still. As well as Colby all the way down there. He seemed to be in thought.

Once the bus stopped by the parking lot, I stepped up and started walking towards the exit, after waking Lola and David up. It caused more to slowly wake up and gather energy. Me, David and Lola was the first students to step outside, and what we saw was purely amazing.

"Holy shit" David uttered. I smiled widely. The place was as big as a huge, overpopulated amusement park. There were restaurants, pubs, pool areas, snack bars, a beach, houses in the trees, stages, everything! I couldn't stop looking around. The place was extremely beautiful.

"Who would've thought the place would look like this?" Lola exclaimed. I smiled and chuckled at Lola's comment.

"I didn't" I admitted. David admitted as well, and we laugh all three together.
Soon, the principal walked up to us.