1.0 Edward Richtofen X Experiment! Reader

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The clock on the wall continued ticking away the seconds. How long had it been since you were captured by these d*** nazi's? It felt to have been at least a few months now. All the while, you felt yourself falling deeper and deeper into a black hole with only him on your mind. Everything about him captivated you. His thick, German accent, his prideful stance, his maniacal laugh, but his hazel eyes caught your attention the most. They held absolute joy when testing things and operating, yet also kept a dark secret of fear.

The voices he always spoke of seemed to make him fearful of what might happen should he not do what the voices asked of him. You tugged gently at the restraints keeping you on the metal slab. What you wouldn't give to try and help him, even if he is your enemy.

The door to the private experimenting room opened and slammed shut as Edward stomped into the room. He pulled out the chair from his desk and sat down, muttering angrily in German with his head in his hands. Fear coursed through your veins. Whenever he slams the door and mutters this angrily to himself, you knew it meant another painful day for you.

When you got out of here, you definitely planned on paying that b****** Maxis a visit since this was usually his fault. There are times when it is Dempsey's fault, but those times almost make you wish that it was Maxis' fault.

Your breath hitched in your throat when Edward snapped his head up to look at you. His eyes clouded over for a moment before clearing. 'Not good, not good, not good! D***** Dempsey or Maxis! One or both of you b******* has made the rest of my day hell!' you thought angrily as Edward made his way over to you.

He raised his hand over his head and you shut your eyes, expecting the heavy blow to come. A pity really, your body had just healed from the last time he was like this. The hit you expected never came, but rather a hand was softly placed on your cheek. Dare you open your eyes? You were afraid of the outcome, but you wanted to see this for yourself.

Slowly, you lifted your eyelids and gasped at seeing Edward staring deeply into your (e/c) orbs with an emotion you couldn't quite decipher. His gaze softened as he caressed your cheek with his thumb.

"Forgive me, liebling, I've frightened jou," he whispered. Your eyes widened. Did he truly just apologize for frightening you? What does "liebling" mean? And how has he changed so much? Tears brimmed in your eyes, making his image blurry. He wiped your tears away with a careful stroke of his thumbs. "Vy are jou crying?" he questioned softly.

Your restraints were undone and you immediately threw your arms around his neck. It shocked both of you, but he returned your gesture quickly. "It's nothing, I'm alright," you replied and pulled away only a few inches to gaze into his eyes.

"What does "liebling" mean?" The question made Edward laugh for some unknown reason to you. You tilted your head to the side, making him think of you as cute.

He smirked at you. "It means "darling". Ich liebe dich, liebling, and I'm sorry for everything I've done to you," he spoke softly, placing his forehead against yours. Sorrow showed in his eyes for all that he had done to you. The voices angrily began to chastise him for what he was doing now, but he silenced them almost immediately.

It didn't take a genius to know what he said to you, you knew from the look in his eyes. "I love you too," you shyly said. A smirk showed on his lips as he pulled you in for a kiss. You didn't hesitate and immediately kissed him back. Your lips moved in perfect sync with each other, fitting perfectly like two pieces of a puzzle. Fireworks seemed to go off inside of you. It felt right.

You both pulled away, a heavy blush dusting your cheeks. He grinned like a madman that had found his next test subject. Wait, what were you thinking, he is a madman, only he found a new partner instead of a test subject.

"How about ve go to my place and give jou a more comfortable room?" You giggled with a nod as he took you into his arms and left the testing room. Perhaps things were finally looking up for you.