10

"What is a girl doing in the boy's locker room?" Liam asked confused as he put his shirt on to see Veronica walk in and make her way over to Stiles and Scott.

"Well, that girl is one of Coach's favorites. She helped Cross Country team win state and she's the fastest runner this school has ever seen. She took an arrow to the shoulder during cross country practice when Coach got hit in the stomach with one." Garret whispered to the boy and Veronica, who clearly heard him, smirked.

Liam stared at Veronica, almost mesmerized, "Woah, she's really really pretty." He said quietly.

Veronica ran over to Scott and Stiles a nervous look on her face, "Guys, I need your help bad. Really bad." Veronica told them quickly and both boys turned to her, concerned.

"What? What is it? Did you kill someone?" Stiles asked quickly and Veronica frowned at him.

"No, it's about Kira," Veronica confessed, "I kissed her right before bio and it's the first time we've kissed in two months. It's our third kiss, but still. The last time I kissed her was right after Aiden died and I cried in her arms."

"That's good then. You kissed her!" Stiles replied enthusiastically.

"I did." Veronica nodded, a small smile on her face, "But technically I didn't either."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as turned to her, "What do you mean?" He questioned, "Was it on the lips at least?"

"Yeah," Veronica nodded her head once more.

"Was there tongue?" Stiles asked curiously and Veronica stared at him in disbelief.

"No, Stiles," Veronica groaned, "I'm pretty sure that's more of something from your wank bank when you dream of me." She commented jokingly, causing Scott to laugh, "The kiss felt like the kisses I would give my abuelita as a child."

"Oh, so you mean you Chaste. You gave her a chaste kiss." Stiles replied calmly.

"Yeah, and now it feels really weird to go talk to her," Veronica whined as she banged her head against the locker, "What am I supposed to do? Should I text her?"

"No!" Scott quickly argued as he placed a hand on Veronica's shoulder, "Veronica, you had me, Lydia, and Kira falling head over heels for you last semester. We should be the one asking you for relationship advice. If anyone can get through this awkwardness, it's you. But the only advice I'm gonna give you is do not text Kira, speak to her in person. "

Veronica turned to Scott and gave him a small smile, "Thanks, Scott." She thanked him and Scott nodded before the trio was interrupted by Coach blowing his whistle.

"As a reminder to all of you, it's an open tryout today. All positions available. This is a rebuilding season, people. Jackson's gone, Lahey's gone. Greenberg, the one guy I actually wanted gone...Was held back. Again. At least we have Veronica trying out, she'll be a good addition to the team." Coach explained, "Now, get your asses on the field."

 ___________

Once picking up the ball with her lacrosse stick, Veronica ran through the field, dodging everyone as she made her way toward the goal. As she began to be surrounded by three different players, Veronica smirked as she flipped over him and landed on her feet. She then ran past two other players, knocking them down as she did so. Veronica stood numerous feet away from the goal. She took a deep breath before shooting the ball into the goal, which ended up getting past the goalie without any problem.

 After practicing, the people trying out were forced to do laps. Veronica, of course, came in first with Liam coming in at a close second. Coach Finstock stood to the side as the people running laps walked past him, "Terrible. Horrifying. Pathetic. Unbelievably pathetic," Coach commented on everyone, "Is that everyone?" He asked, only to have Stiles arrive in last place, out of breath, "Yep, that's everyone."

 Scott walked over to his friend and helped him up off the grass, "Come on. I got ya."

"Who came in second?" Stiles asked curiously, knowing for a fact that Veronica had come in first.

 Scott gestured over to Liam, who was doing push-ups around everyone, all of them seeming to be out of breath unlike him. Veronica sat beside him, doing sit-ups, "He isn't human," Stiles stated as he continued to pant, "What is he? Like a Were-Cheetah? Does it even exist? Is that a thing? I'll just have to ask Veronica about that one, she'll know if those are real." Stiles questioned.

"I think he's just that good," Scott told him as he glanced over at Liam, who was now trying to talk to Veronica, but she didn't seem that interested in doing that.

"I'm gonna puke, take me somewhere," Stiles stated and Scott nodded as he began to take Liam somewhere else.

"Okay, come on," Scott replied.

Over where Veronica was doing sit-ups while Liam was doing push-ups beside her, Liam stopped doing them as he turned to Veronica, who had just muttered the number 'one hundred'.

"Have you ever played Lacrosse before?" Liam asked the female Alpha curiously.

Veronica continued to do sit-ups as she shook her head, "No, have you?" She replied and Liam nodded, "That's cool. My brother was going to join the Lacrosse team last year, but he ended up moving to London so I decided to do it for him."

Liam didn't really understand what she was saying, but nodded his head anyway, "That's cool," He replied, "So why does your brother live in London while you live here."

Veronica stopped doing what she was doing, ready to give the boy a sassy response in way of telling him to get lost. She was interrupted when Coach blew his whistle, meaning the teenagers were going to start another part of the tryouts.

 Only a few moments later, a pile of lacrosse balls rested in front of Stiles while a line of other people trying out stood behind him, waiting for their turn. Stiles stared at the goal for a moments before he walked forward, making the shot. Veronica couldn't help but laugh when the lacrosse ball landed in the goalie's stick.

"Oh, boy. This is going to be fun to watch," She muttered under her breath.