22

AN: Skipping Episode Episode 7

  After surviving the Dead Pool assassin named 'The Chemist', things felt like the would get better, but of course, it didn't. Malia had found out that Peter was her, which made her become mad at the whole pack, since no one told him.

 The following day, the whole pack, excluding Malia, stood in Scott's kitchen. Veronica sighed as she entered the kitchen with her laptop in her hand. She placed it on the kitchen table alongside the two other ones that were already on the table, "Is three enough?" Kira asked the group curiously.

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles answered the female's question.

Liam glanced down at the computer in front of him before looking back up the rest of the group, "Are we really doing this?"Liam asked nervously.

"We're doing it," Scott replied confidently, nodding his head, "Tonight."

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam commented curiously, a nervous look on his face.

"It's incredibly dangerous," Veronica answered for the group, "And dumb as hell." 

"Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam asked curiously.

"Something dangerous? Or something dumb as hell?" Veronica replied as she began to think about from, "From the short time I've been apart of this pack, I'm still pretty confident that it's a yes to both of those things.".

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." Scott reminded Liam, who was clearly hesitant to be apart of the plan.

"I'm not scared," Liam argued 

"Then, as Veronica liked to say, you're 'dumb as hell', "Stiles grinned as he placed his left hand on Liam's shoulder and winked. Veronica turned to him and gave him a glare. Stiles sighed, removing his hand from Liam's shoulder as he turned to Scott and Veronica, who stood beside each other, "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?"  Kira asked concerned.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required," Scott explained to her.

"Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by The Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead." Stiles added in his own evidence to back up the statement.

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott commented.

"You don't get paid." Veronica answered, an obvious look on her face, "Duh."

"But how does that get us any closer to The Benefactor?" Liam asked.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead," Scott informed the group.

" Especially if it's someone high on the list." Stiles commented.

 "So, if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam trailed off.

"He's going to have to come get it himself," Scott finished Liam's sentence.

_____________

 About an hour before Scott was supposed to temporarily die, Veronica and Scott laid beside each other on his bed, facing one another. To anyone else, it would have probably been awkward for two people who clearly liked each other in the past and probably still did to be lying so close, but for them, it seemed fine and that there was no problem with it, "You're not too worried about me, are you?" Scott asked concerned.