11

During practice, Scott and Stiles became the complete opposite of being good at Lacrosse, causing them to get laughed at numerous times. Liam, on the other hand, was praised numerous times for his great skills and for once, Veronica came in at second. She always loved to be first at everything, which angered her a bit.

Veronica stood behind Liam in line as the young boy got ready to make his shot, "You know, maybe he's only good in goal." Veronica could hear Stiles tell Scott at their spot towards the back of the line, "You know, just totally useless on the rest of the field."  

  Scott nodded his head in agreement to Stiles' comment, only for the both of them be proven totally wrong when Liam's lacrosse ball went right past the goalie.

"Yes!" Coach Finstock cheered for Liam.

"Maybe he's just perfect at everything," Stiles commented, "I hate this kid!"

"You don't have to hate him," Scott replied calmly, "The team needs new players."

"What about a new team captain?" Stiles asked, "I know Coach said that we could do Co-Captains, but Veronica's clearly just as good as Liam so you gotta decide: Do you want Veronica as your co-captain or do you want Liam to be her co-captain?"

 After Veronica made her ball into the goal, she walked over to the back of the line. It became Scott's turn to shoot his ball, which he ended up doing, only to have it hit the metal part of the net. The whole group of teenagers began to laugh and Veronica had to cover her mouth to stop from doing the same, "Nice, Mccall." Garrett commented sarcastically.

"Hey, Garrett..." Stiles spoke up as he turned to the blonde haired human boy, "Shut up!"

 Numerous rounds after shooting lacrosse balls later, Veronica and Liam seemed to have been the only ones to get it in everytime without breaking a sweat. When it became Veronica's turn once more, she shot her lacrosse ball with full force into the net, causing the goalie to fall backward. 

 Scott was next in line and when he tried to get it in, it ended up not even landing close to the goalie net, same for Stiles when it was his turn.

Scott sighed and shut his eyes in shame when he finally aimed it right, only to have it be caught.

  Veronica walked over to stand with Stiles and Scott after her turn, "Dude, what the hell is going on?" Veronica asked Scott as she extended her arms outwards.

"I don't know. I'm having an off day." Scott replied and Veronica couldn't help but scoff at him.

"A really off day," She corrected him under her breath.

"Off day?" Stiles questioned, "You were dying out there! I feel actual physical pain watching you."

"Stiles, what you mean?" Veronica defended Scott, "You were not better!"

"Yes, that is because I'm terrible at Lacrosse, though, Veronica," He argued with her, "Scott, you...You are the Alpha."

"Not on the field. I'm human," Scott replied.

"Well, human you is kind of sucking at the moment," Stiles told him, "So do you think there is any way you can use just like a little tiny bit of wolf power?"

 Scott shook his head and let out a sigh, "It's cheating." he complained.

"Clearly, Scott!" Veronica argued with him as she pointed over at Stiles, "Look at Stiles right now, he's literally fuming with anger while he watches this little freshman boy come in and steal all of his best friend's glory. Scott, you worked your ass off to become one of the co-captains on the lacrosse team. No one will ever notice if you use just a little bit of your alpha to become the best lacrosse player on this field right now, trust me. Don't let him steal all your glory, trust me, you'll regret it if you do." She explained to him.

Stiles smiled as he placed a hand on Veronica's shoulder, "See? Veronica even gets where I'm coming from. I literally couldn't have said it better." He replied.

"He's not going to steal all the glory," Scott argued back, only to turn his head when Liam had made yet another goal. Everyone cheered for Liam, even Coach.

"You sure about that?" Veronica asked as she turned to Scott once more.

Scott ignored her question and glowed his red eyes, causing her to smile brightly, "See, that's what I'm talking about!" She shouted out, patting Scott on the back before she ran over to the rest of the people trying out.

__________

Soon after everyone had had a few rounds of shooting balls into the goal, Coach blew his whistle to get everyone's attention. The whole group of teenagers walked over to Coach, holding their lacrosse sticks and helmets in their hands, "Hustle!" He shouted before pointing to Scott and Stiles, "McCall and Stillinski, grab the long sticks. You're covering goal for two-on-ones. Let's go! Line it up!"

 Veronica walked over to Scott and grabbed him by the shoulder, pulling him back. He turned to her as Veronica leaned forward to whisper something in his ear, "Here's the moment to show who's boss. Use a bit of werewolf strength, but not too much, though. If you do, there's a big chance you'll either out yourself or break a few bones on someone. Understand?" She told him quietly and Scott nodded his head before walking off.

   Veronica stood in front of Liam, ready to take her shot against shot and Stiles. She smirked as she lifted up her helmet, "I swear, don't go easy on me, boys!" She shouted to Scott and Stiles before she put on her helmet.

  Veronica took a deep breath, dragging her foot against the grass as she got the right grip on her lacrosse stick. She quickly picked up the lacrosse ball off the ground before she began to run toward the goal. Scott and Stiles tried to stop her, which ended up with Veronica dodging Stiles by pivoting before she knocked Scott on the ground. Veronica shot the ball, having it get into the goal.

  Soon after, a few more Lacrosse players ended up taking their turn and Scott and Stiles ended up knocking them down with ease.

  It was then Liam's turn to get his ball into the goal. Veronica nodded at Scott, "You can do this, Scott. You can do this." She whispered to him softly, but loud enough for him to hear with his werewolf hearing.

Liam swung his lacrosse stick back and forth, warming himself up. Liam ran for the goal, easily getting past Stiles without a problem. Scott tried to knock Liam down, only to have the younger boy dodge him and shoot his ball right into the goal. The teammates cheered for Liam, causing Veronica to groan at Scott not listening to her directions.

"That was luck!" Veronica heard Malia shouted, causing her to turn her head to see the werecoyote female now standing instead of sitting in her spot next to Kira on the bleachers.

"Oh, boy. This can't be good." Veronica muttered under her breath.

"Do-over!" Malia shouted again.

Coach turned to Malia, "Sweetheart, there's no do-overs. This is a practice." He argued before turning back around.

"Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles." She demanded and Coach was instantly quick to agree.

Coach pointed over at Malia, "I'll take that action." He replied and Malia smiled,"Hey! Get back in there, Liam."

 Once again, Liam got ready to take his turn. Veronica's eyes widened when she heard Scott's inhuman, knowing already for a fact that this wasn't going to end well.

 After getting past Stiles, Veronica knew Scott was going to do something he'd regret and ran forward, "Scott, no!" She shouted out, but it was too late.

Scott had ended up tossing Liam over his shoulder and Liam flipped before he landed on the ground with a crack. Veronica cringed at this, knowing already that Scott had broken Liam's leg. He had done the exact thing that Veronica had warned about.

AN: I think I may change the book to a "Teen Wolf Book" instead of a "Kira Yukimura" book even though she's the main love interest, Veronica and Kira have had only had like two actually scenes together alone (not even) and it seems like most of this book is more of Veronica's friendship growing with the pack and how she's not the enemy anymore. Aw, whatever I don't know.