25

The following morning, Scott and Veronica found Liam sitting on the steps at School alone, fixing his lacrosse stick. The two Alphas shared a glance before taking a seat beside him, "Hey," Veronica spoke up, placing her hand on Liam's shoulder to get the boy's attention, "You okay, Liam?"

 Liam slightly turned his head, not fully facing the two of them, "Hey." Scott called out quietly and finally, Liam turned to face the both of them, "Last night, my printer went off by itself," He informed the two, "I couldn't turn it off. I hit the cancel button. But it just kept printing."

"Printing what?" Scott asked concerned.

Liam stayed quiet as he dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out a folded peice of paper. He handed it to Veronica, who opened it up to show both herself and Scott. Veronica's eyes widened when she saw that it was the Dead Pool.

"What the hell is this!" The three teenagers heard Coach shouted in his office. The three of them shared a glance before quickly getting up and heading for his office. 

 When they got there, they found that numerous printed copies of the Dead Pools were printed out and on the ground, more still printing. 

After Scott picked up one of the papers, Scott moved off to the side to stand beside Veronica and Liam, "You guys see the difference?" Liam asked them.

"Derek's not on the list anymore." Veronica realized, causing her to let out a sigh.

"And I'm not worth three million," Liam told him, "It's eighteen now. Eighteen million dollars."

__________

Later on that night, the Lacrosse team's annual bonfire was being held. People danced to the electronic music that played while a large cyclone shape item was lit on fire on a table in the middle of everyone.

 Scott and Veronica entered the party them, both of them glancing around to find Liam with Mason and Malia dancing while she tried to get drunk, "Shouldn't you have gone with Kira to this party?" Scott asked curiously.

Veronica sighed, shaking her head, "No, she flew with her mom upstate to get treated for her wounds." Veronica explained and Scott nodded his head in understanding.

 "Should we tell them they can't get drunk?" Scott asked Veronica, who laughed.

"Sure," She replied with a smile on her face, "You go tell Malia and I'll tell Liam."

Scott frowned, "Hey, that's not fair!" He complained, "Malia's literally pissed at Stiles and me right now!"

Veronica shrugged and smiled as she walked over to Liam, who was in the middle of gulping down a bottle of liquor. Veronica quickly snatched it, "I'll be taking this. Thank you." She smirked as she took a large sip.

"Hey! Give it back!" Liam complained as he stood up, only to stumble a bit.

Veronica frowned when she saw this. She quickly placed the bottle down before helping Liam take a seat. Veronica turned to look at Scott, who seemed to be having the same deal with Malia.

 Soon after, Scott had brought Malia over and set her down on a chair. Once arriving back from her trip to find a couple bottles of water, Veronica gave one to Scott, which he handed to Malia while Veronica walked over to Liam, "Here you go. Drink it. You need to keep hydrated," Veronica spoke up as she uncapped the bottle and handed it to Liam, "I feel like a freaking mom." She muttered under her breath.

 Veronica groaned when she saw that Liam seemed to be having trouble drinking the water on his own. She placed her hand over Liam's around the water before lifting up the bottle and placing it to his mouth, "Drink it. Now." She demanded. 

  While Veronica continued to help Liam drink the water, Scott walked over to them and turned to Mason, who sat next to him, "How much has he had to drink?" Scott asked, the same concerned look on his face that Veronica had.

"Not enough to get him like this," Mason shouted over the music.

 Once thinking about, Veronica's eyes widened as she turned to look at the DJ, "That's it." She whispered, only to turn to Scott to see his staring down at his fingers, almost as if he were struggling also.

"How much did you drink?" Mason asked Scott concerned.

Scott slowly looked up at him, stumbling as he stood in place, "Nothing. Not even a sip." He answered as he turned to Veronica, who was still staring at the DJ.

He walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder for support as he began to talk to her, "What the hell is happening?" He asked her concerned.

"Look at the DJ," She told him quietly and Scott turned to see what she was looking at, "Scott, if you get to the DJ and cut the power, you'll be able to stop him. I'll be back."

  Scott frowned as he watched Veronica go into her pack and pull out her earbuds that were connected to her phone. She placed them in her ear and then pressed play on her phone. Scott watched closely as she turned the music all the way up. She turned to Scott, who seemed confused, "Before you ask where I'm going, just know I can't hear you," She reminded him, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Stay here and don't let them out of your sight. I'm gonna call Derek and Braeden for back up. I promise, I'll be back in five."

 Scott nodded, "Be careful, please. I don't want you getting hurt." He warned her, forgetting she couldn't hear him.

________

 As the Mason got ready to unplug the music, Veronica pulled out her headphones and entered the high school where the group of amateur assassins had Scott, Malia, and Liam, "Where's the girl?" The man asked confused.

"What girl?" One of his men replied, a puzzled look on his face.

"The Alpha girl! The second most on the list!" He shouted out angrily.

"Right here!" Veronica appeared as she suddenly came up behind the man and snapped his neck.

 The three other men appeared and got ready to go after Veronica. Veronica grabbed one of them by the arm and twisted it, the bone snapping. She threw him across the room before punching the other and knocking him out. One other came and both Derek and Braeden arrived just in time for Braeden to hit him in the head with the butt of the gun.

"I guess 'Better late than never'  is both you and Scott's motto," Veronica commented sarcastically, causing Derek to roll his eyes at her.