THREE

Chapter three | breathe

Hope ran faster than ever before, rapid breaths escaping her lips as tears rushed down her cheeks, slipping as she turned a corner in the pouring rain. 

Hope didn't know how to act, what to say, or even what to think. Hope hadn't seen her father in almost her whole life, now he's back and Hope doesn't know how to react. Whether it be happy, sad or angry, Hope felt a complete mess of all her emotions letting panic rule over them all.

"Even without their influence this family has managed to ruin you." Hope jumped as a unfamiliar voice sounded from behind her, quickly turning round as she backed away, the stranger smiling hauntingly "Do i know you?"

"You're just like him. Pushing people away until they hate you, hiding the monster you really are." The man taunted, Hope stumbled over her boots trying to walk away "Another broken Mikaelson, a lonely girl who's afraid of her own potential who just wants someone to love her - Unlike our family, Hope, you're not capable of rising to what we had become."

Only a select few knew of Hope being a Mikaelson, other than Derek who already knew of the Mikaelson's, Hope told her friends after the discovery of the supernatural. So to see someone who knew of her existence, Hope went straight into survival mode.

Hope glowed her eyes, growling at the man "Back off, before i make you, creeper."

"I'm not afraid of a little girl." Hope's eyes widened at his familiar features finally setting in, "Especially my own granddaughter."

"Mikael." Hope realised, letting out a shaky breath "But you're dead?"

Without the Mikaelson's in her life, all the information Hope had to learn for herself with the help of Hayley. But her grandparents were a topic not to be missed.

"Clever girl." Mikael shook his head as Hope ran back down the dark streets, calling after her "Running away will get you nowhere, you can't escape this family! You can't escape from what you really are!"

Hope breathed heavily as she sprinted down the street fearfully, gasping as she crashed against what she believed to be a wall, letting out a breath of relief as Isaac stopped her from slipping on the wet sidewalk. 

"Hope!" Isaac exclaimed, grabbing onto the frightened tribrid as he held her still "Who were you talking to? There's no one there."

"Isaac?" Hope mumbled, looking round fearfully as she clutched onto his arms.

"Are you okay?" Isaac frowned pulling Hope to his side protectively, walking down the street away from whatever she saw.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Hope blinked looking back to where Mikael was stood, holding Isaac closer "I thought i saw something, thats all."

"Okay?" Isaac questioned, leading Hope away as she began to calm down "I wasn't dreaming, right? My dad, he was in there?"

"Yeah, he was." Isaac held her closer as Hope looked down tearfully, the tribrid staring up at him anxiously "Can we just leave?"