TWENTYSIX

chapter twenty-six | Brothers

Henrik blinked, staring at the healed bite on his arm then back to Stiles "A Werewolf?"

"Yes, a werewolf." Stiles rolled his eyes as Henrik continued to stare in shock.

When Henrik woke to the curious gazes of his friends, he naturally became worried, but at Stiles' excitement and Hope's annoyance, he figured it couldn't be too bad. Boy was he wrong. Being a werewolf had not been at the top of his to do list, since he was practically failing at being a modern day human, he now had werewolf abilities to add.

Much to the Mikaelson's relief, they were glad not to have to be so worried about Henrik, especially with the reputation their family holds.

"And Scott's my alpha?" Henrik frowned, looking to Stiles in confusion as he repeated himself "Scott McCall? The true alpha?"

Hope sighed, looking up from the textbook from her place at the table, "Yes, Henrik, how many true alpha's do you know?"

Malia and Hope sat at a table in the corner of Stiles and Henrik's hospital room, homework and catching up to do scattered over it. Since becoming human again, Malia's most trusted companion landed in the arms of Henrik, but after he got hurt, Hope was the support she desperately needed.

Hope couldn't tell if you could become best friends with someone in a matter of seconds, but with Malia, much like Erica, the friendship grew almost instantly. Even if it meant Hope had another student in back to human 101...

"I'm never going to get this." Malia mumbled glaring at the worksheets, Hope smiled sympathetically nudging her shoulder "Hey, you'll get it eventually, and i'll always be here to help you."

Malia groaned in annoyance, tossing the papers onto the table, Hope laughed quietly at her "Is this even english?"

"Its algebra." Hope answered, scribbling down an answer for her own work before glancing back up at Malia.

"Why am i learning algebra? I'm never going to visit algebra!" Malia complained, frowning at the attempts at her work.

Hope turned to Stiles for reassurance that Malia actually just asked that, Stiles sat dumfounded on his hospital bed whilst Henrik nodded in agreement with the were-coyote.

Hope hesitated, staring at Malia in disbelief before bursting out with a laugh "Its maths, not a language."

"Oh." Malia mumbled with a nod.

"You mean I've thought geometry was a place this whole time?" Henrik called over to Hope, Stiles and Hope looked to each other with a sigh.

"Lets try english." Hope handed Malia another book with a smile.

"Oh, i know this!" Malia glanced down at the page, holding it up with a grin, Hope cheered, reaching over to high five Malia.

Hope hummed, grinning at Malia as she leant over to whisper "Don't tell Henrik, but you're better at english than he is."