TEN

Chapter ten | can you see me?

Melissa McCall tiredly walked out of the break room ready for her next shift, waving to her co worker as she pushed open the doors to the children's ward, sighing at the sight of the familiar curly haired brunette.

Hope pushed a young girls wheel chair chatting away with the blonde sat in it, setting up some colouring for the girl at the table in the middle of the room. Hope smiled at the kid before looking over to the exhausted mother finally asleep in the chair beside her daughters bed, fidgeting with her volunteer badge as she made her way over to Melissa.

"Hope? You were supposed to be home hours ago." Melissa stated in her motherly tone, Hope smiled innocently as they walked towards the door "You were a nurse down and some of the parents needed a break."

Hope began volunteering at the hospital the moment she wanted to have a job in the medical profession, after learning of the endless possibilities of her powers - Hope couldn't sit around and do nothing with them.

"You don't need to do overtime, this isn't your job yet." Melissa smiled sympathetically.

"I like helping those who need it, and the people here do. Even if i can help make one persons life easier, its better than doing nothing." Hope replied, pulling on her coat from behind the front desk "Goodnight, Melissa. I brought you dinner, i figured Scott was busy."

When Hayley was away Hope depended on Noah and Melissa the most, so when she was old enough to realise that Hope helped the parents in return for everything they'd done for her. So Hope began bringing Melissa dinner, waiting up with Noah when he worked late and trying her best to keep Scott and Stiles out of trouble, but that one never usually happened to often.

"Thank you, Hope." Melissa mumbled, watching the teen she could never quite figure out walk down the hallway.

Hope was a mystery to many people, so many people saw different sides to her but if she let you in you knew the real her.  Many people base Hope on her harsh personality or her tendency to always speak her mind, but what they can't see is the sacrifices she makes for everyone but herself.

The Mikaelson tribrid looked up as the lights flickered above her, following the pattern as it led her through the hallways, jogging up the stairs towards the roof as she cold hit. Hope's breath froze in the cold, gasping at the sight of the blonde stood in front of her.

"Henrik?" Hope mumbled with a frown, watching Henrik's glowing figure flicker as the boy didn't acknowledge his surroundings "Can you see me?"

Hope stepped forward holding onto his arm, taking a deep breath as his gaze stayed put, squeezing his arm as pain filled her own. Hope gripped tighter as she cried out in pain, the image of her uncle slowly fading away as her eyes flickered, eventually snapping shut as Henrik disappeared leaving the teen unconscious and alone on the roof.