Six

Chapter Six - Demi's POV

I wasn't in the mood to talk to Joe, not after the ideas that I'm getting in my head. I looked aroung the room and Alyson and Anna are gone. They must be walking around with Meaghan like usual. I heard a knock on the door and I shut my eyes knowing that it was him. I opened it and there she is, the one and only Selena Gomez. "No way! What are you doing here?!" I squealed pulling her in for a tight embrace. 

She giggled as I laughed. "I decided to visit you since all of my projects are done." She smiled and I nodded.

"Well, welcome to Camp Rock...one part of Camp Rock." I giggled. "Let me show you around." We walked around the whole set and the forest. "That's the mess hall." I said pointing at our cafeteria.

"What an agreeable name." Selena joked making me laugh. 

"There's the stage...Mr. D's cabin...boat launch area...Joe...the crew and equipment...and the writers' lounge. Preferred to as The Cottage." 

"And why is that?"

"They're like the bosses. So we all have a special name for them. They can change the script anytime they want, like last week for example." She arched her eyebrows as I nodded. "They gave Mitchie and Shane a kissing scene." 

Selena gasped and shook her head. "I’m so sorry for you right now." She said in a devastated tone.

"I honestly don't care. I mean I'm an actress, it doesn't mean anything." She looked at me like she was examining my face. "What?"

"Nothing, I guess you and Joe get along well now."

"No, not really." I shrugged lying to her.

"Are you kidding me? You've hated this guy since the day you met him. How can you be okay with a kiss?"

"That's how professionals work." I tensed up when I noticed Joe walking towards us. "Hey dumbass how's life?" I said and eyed him hoping he would get my signals.

"Way better than yours." I rolled my eyes and sighed in relief inside my head. "Hey look it's Marie." He said calling Selena with her middle name.

She giggled and hugged him. "Hey Joseph."

"Okay, so I'm about to film a scene right now, but I gotta say, you need a better tourist. She gets lost even after the two months she's spent here." I rolled my eyes again as he walked away and Selena shook her head.

"You guys should get along one of these days." Selena mumbled as I shrugged.

"I'd rather have a distant and compromised relationship with him rather than an isolated and malicious one." She nodded as I continued guiding her around the forest.

A few hours later Selena left which made me sad. I went out to the lake and threw pebbles the way Joe did. I felt him standing next to me, but I didn't look up. "Okay, so we wanna keep the good side of our connection a secret?" He stated more like a demand. 

I looked at him and nodded. "Kind of...I mean you've hurt me a lot, Joe. If I tell them now, it's going to process difficulty in their head, then they'll start judging me. I'm not afraid to go public," I looked back at the water now. "I just don't know the whole you yet."

"The whole reason I'm here, is to get to know you better." Joe quoted Shane. He grinned as I laughed slightly, shaking my head.

"Yeah, yeah." I said rolling my eyes.