Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

"Finally." Demi said happily sitting in the passenger seat of Joe's car. She high-fived Joe's hand and gave him a quick kiss before they drove off back to the Jonas house. After the short drive Joe barged in the house with a smile on his face.

"Hey!" He said as his family smiled at him.

"Congrats my brother. And how dare you tell Nick and not me?!" Kevin joked gving him a pat on the back as he chuckled and shook his head. He hugged his parents and looked at Nick who was watching the television and glared at him once in a while. Demi walked in and Nick immediately jumped blocking the tv screen as the whole family looked at him curiously.

"Nothing to see here." Nick said nervously as he tried to find the remote to lower down the volume.

"What's wrong?" Demi asked after hugging everyone.

"N-nothing." He said still trying to find the remote.

"Joe Jonas finally confirms on dating Demi Lovato and directly tweeted all of us that he did not cheat on the country singer, Taylor Swift. This morning Jonas happened to meet his, supposedly ex, at the small shop downtown. If his relationship already ended why did he make such a gesture?" The reporter's voice echoed throughout the whole room. Since Nick wasn't blocking the television anymore, three pictures of Joe appeared on the screen. Two showed him with Taylor and the other was with Demi at the after party. It showed him holding Taylor's wrists and hugging her.

"It's not what you think!" Joe exclaimed shutting the tv through the remote which he already had and Nick glared at him. Demi just crossed her arms knowing the whole family was watching them. "I wanted to talk to her because I was mad that she didn't tell anyone that we were over perfectly knowing that I couldn't go online. She said she wanted to get back with me and I told her that you were in my life. She was about to hug me, but I held her back hence the wrist holding. Then, I showed her a more legitimate picture of you and me and I could tell that she was about to cry, and I didn't want her to so I gave her a hug and left. That's all I did. Listen to me Demi, please." Joe breathed in after the whole statement from talking so fast. He pleaded hoping Demi would listen.

"Chll, Joe. I know. Taylor talked to me." Demi said as a hiuge breath escaped from everyone. She giggled slightly, knowing they were holding their breathing throughout the explanation. Joe hugged Demi and kissed her repeatedly making her giggle again.

"Ugh...you guys are too disgusting." Nick said covering his face.

"He needs a girlfirend." Kevin stated as the whole family laughed.

"What do you mean? He already has." Demi smirked as everyone focused on her. Nick's eyes widened signaling her to cut it out. Demi shrugged and smiled. "He's dating Selena."

"Ha! I knew it!" Kevin shouted startling everyone in the room. He slouched slghtly as his parents glared at him.

"How'd you know? Nobody knows." Nick said quietly.

"Apparently I know. You guys can't hide from me. I'm too smart." Demi smiled as Nick rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, she is." Joe said putting one arm around her waist and kissed her temple. "I know why he's been so irritated...it's because he can't do this to Selena." Joe kissed Demi multiple times making his parents and Kevin smile while Nick shook his head. Demi giggled and hugged him before walking towards Mrs. Jonas to have a random conversation.