Visit to the Past

AN:- HELLLOOOO!!! 👋 I'm back with my very first official Kim JongHyun Fanfiction! ♥️ I hope you all enjoy reading it and please, please don't be silent readers and do tell me what you think of it! 😄 THANK YOU!!

Hot. It was so hot tonight. The weather forecast had been wrong yet again when it had predicted that there was to be a cool breeze in the air tonight. I felt like my skin was going to melt off of my bones because of this searing heat. The fan that I did have in my room was doing nothing for the beads of sweat that continued to roll down my body and I was growing grumpier by the second as more droplets clung to me all over, finding that even my buttcrack was sweating! That I'll admit was a feat I knew not I was capable of and suffice to say it was irritating the hell out of me.

Sighing I rubbed the sparkling beads of sweat flimsily off of my forehead and with a heaving groan lifted myself out of bed. Walking to the window I weakly gave it a little shove with my oddly warm and tepid arm opening it up even further than it already was, in hopes that a miracle would befall us and we would be graced with some sort of wind or cool air in this stifling atmosphere.

No such luck. 

With another exaggerated sigh, I walked out of my bedroom and downstairs to the basement where we kept all the extra fans for this type of weather. The stairs creaked under my weight as I shuffled down, one hand irritatedly itching an area on my arm that was all red and sore for some reason. Had a ghastly leech been sucking on my blood or something?! My goodness the irritation that was on my arm was driving me insane! Grumbling I came to the landing when suddenly I heard muffled whispers came from the room next to the kitchen.

Senses suddenly all on alert, itch temporarily forgotten, I crept forwards as stealthily as I could and peeked my head through the door to see HwaYoung sat by the window, seemingly gazing out speaking into thin air. One of my eyebrows slowly rose up, disappearing into my hairline as I stared at her camisole clad back in befuddlement.

What the hell was she doing at three o'clock in the morning sat down here all by herself?! And why was she smiling and giddily talking to herself at such an odd time?

Shaking my head I ignored the weirdness that unfortunately belonged to one of the only few people from a mere handful that I truly cherished and continued to make my way down the second and third set of stairs to get to the basement where I grabbed the largest fan I could. Grunting, I heaved it along with me, stopping every few seconds to breathe and wipe at my brow where sweat would collate together both with the strain of the heavy fan and the humid and far too stiflingly hot weather. 

It was nighttime for goodness sake! Weren't nights typically meant to be cooler than days?! This particular inky sky felt like a curse from the depths of Satan's fiery pits of hell and maaan oh maan was I sweltering under it!!

Getting to the floor where HwaYoung was, I lugged the fan to the bottom of the next set of stairs and walked inside the kitchen to grab a cold drink for myself. Sitting down at the tables island I savoured the coolness of the liquid as it went down my throat, relishing in the relieving sensation it struck within me. This time I sighed out quite happily before getting up and peering once again into the room where HwaYoung was still talking out loud.

She was so weird, I mused, silently chuckling at her. I would for sure ask her, come morning what she was thinking when she came down from her room at such an odd hour to be sat in the living room for.

A small smile crept onto my lips at what she was doing and I was about to walk back upstairs to my bedroom when a human head randomly popped through the window, kissing her smiling face square on the mouth. My mouth hung open agape as I stared horrified at the scene before me.