Formally Introduced

AN:- Enjoy the updates!! 

I agreed half-heartedly, the topic tugging at me in uncomfortable ways. I looked down at the ombre marble of the floor, Dr Lee's words running laps in my mind as I worked to suss out what he meant. Sighing my gaze lifted upwards catching the eye of our silent onlooker who had an expression of monotonous ire plastered across his face, the only telltale irritation of the drama unfolding before him being in his flaming enraged eyes.

Catching me looking his way, Mr Kim cocked his head to the side at a slight tilt, looking with watchful eyes between us, his stare and implification making me a tad bit worried at what he was thinking.

"Can you stop staring." I grappled out, my mandatory annoyance shining in my voice. "It's getting impertinent."

He raised a slim brow up a short silence staring match ensuing between us. "You are a remarkable woman indeed."

"I beg your pardon?" I couldn't help the look of surprise that flitted on my face at his sudden assessment, my eyes rapidly blinking in befuddlement.

"I'm Kim JongHyun; CEO of KTJ Enterprises." His head bowed down as he made his identity known.

His lips lazily danced up, a crooked smile taking refuge on the planes of his jaw as he looked back up. "It's nice to formally meet you, Dr TaeHee." He inclined his head respectfully my way, the same smirk still painted smugly on his lips.

The way he rolled his tongue around saying my name left me with a slight hiccup, the swirling motion of the pink flesh across his smirking lips a dangerous sight to gaze upon. Discreetly swallowing I hushed the light flush on my cheeks regaining a grip on my wandering mind.

"Yourself too." I slowly spoke out, my hand's fisting tightly together, hidden under my lab coat sleeves as I readily regulated myself to look unaffected.

"I won't be forgetting you or our first official meeting anytime soon."

I stared back at his unflinching gaze that was searing a hole through me, my own facial expressions not giving anything away. His actions were subtle as he looked promisingly smug my way. I had to fight to keep my calm at his insinuation, his mood swings giving me major whiplash. Trying to rein in my sanity I very causally raised a single brow upwards at his double meaning words before dutifully looking away from him.

Dr Lee looked interestingly between the pair of us. "You both seem very well acquainted." He casually noted.

Mr Kim chuckled. "You could say something like that."

He purposefully tapped his chest in a harmless motion, his emotive orbs dancing with feelings and memories. I was so tempted to throw something at his head at his continued obvious actions, my eyes rolling in vexation at him as I looked away from him. He was pissing me off now and I was so going to do something I would probably end up regretting if he didn't cut it out.

Dr Lee smiled cordially at him, coughing loudly to break the stifling and tense atmosphere in the room. "Mr Kim."

Said individual looked over at being called, one brow raised upwards in answer. "Dr Lee."

"Now that we've all been formally acquainted with one another I wanted to say a large gratitude of thanks to you."

Mr Kim nodded, one hand in his pocket, the other at his side as he looked with calculated eyes at Dr Lee. "No need to mention it.

"It's very good of you to have come by on such short notice."

"It's for a good cause that we are all striving to work towards."

It was deadly silent then, the air around us crackling with awkward vibes. No one said a word after that and safe to say that it was strictly uncomfortable to even be in the room right now. Seemed like no one knew what to say or better yet wanted to say anything and just when I was about to brave it up and excuse myself to get out of here, the large mahogany meeting room doors creaked open again.

"Dr Lee." Lou called out.

"Yes, Lou." Dr Lee smiled at the tall male. "What is it?"

"There's someone on call number five for you." Lou; Dr Lee's secretary awkwardly bopped his head at his boss, as he closed the door behind him, beckoning Dr Lee to attend the phone that he held in his hand.

"Ah, thank you." He smiled reassuringly at the nervous male. "Transfer it to my office phone please, Lou. I'll take it there."

Lou nodded his head hard, making my eyes widen at the force of his movement. "Right away, Dr Lee." Saying that he ran out, nearly bumping his head on the way out.

I looked after him amused, taking an odd liking to the lanky male that seemed to have butter fingers the second he opened his mouth to even breath. It was rather refreshing to see such a giddily nervous klutz in such a tight and upscale workplace; akin to being like a lively guitar in a stringy rundown hotel that was on the verge of bankruptcy. It felt nice.

I bet he'd also make a pretty good friend to JaeWon, my mind envisioning seeing them laugh and joke around together. That thought was comforting to me as I cared a great deal for JaeWon, the tiniest hint of a smile gracing my melancholy lips.

"Excuse me for a moment." Dr Lee brushed his lab coat as he made to walk out.

"Take your time Doctor."

"Please do take a seat Mr Kim, I'll be with you shortly." Dr Lee was courteous in saying as he looked at the male before him.

Mr Kim nodded his head. "Like I said... take your time Doctor."

"Thank you."

"Sure." Mr Kim languidly placed both hands into the crisp pockets of his trousers, the conversation spirit between the two males so dead and boring it was unreliable.

Dr Lee nodded his head at the man, looking warmly at me. "I'll be right back."

"Okay."

His eyes smiled as he chuckled before making his way to the door that his secretary has just left from, his figure disappearing from sight.