Sorry

AN:- Let's carry on talking 😉 

This chapter has been split up into a few parts so read on and let me know what you all think of it! 😄 

Sorry for the late update. I had other things going on... 

This is dedicated to someone very special who's helped me keep on going and persevering in my writing by telling me how important it is to keep on doing what you love x 

THANK YOU ♥️ This is for you xx 

Falling back into his arms the feeling of comfort I got was uncanny and I felt a tremor of fear sparkle up my spine at the sensations spiriting within me. I had never met the man yet the very touch his body landed on mine was akin to nothing short of bliss. My heartbeat accelerated faster in my chest at that momentum type realisation, my saliva drying with a wolverine speed as my breath hitched and painfully stayed stuck in my throat. 

My eyes were wide with surprise about the new knowledge I had just gathered about myself, and staring up at his face I saw his eyes visibly soften as he gazed down at me, his large hands curling softly around my waist as she held me close to his chest. 

"W-what are you l-looking at?" I cursed internally as I stuttered, but even despite all of that I held his gaze, totally enamored with him.

"You." He said simply.

"Me?" I parrotted. 

He nodded, gaze never once losing its sweet touch as he gazed down at me, numerous strands of wayward styled black hair falling down raggedly over his forehead. Blinking I stayed rooted where I was, the mobility to move away dancing away from my psyche as I looked up unabashed straight back at him the same way he was to me. 

"You okay?" His breath was cool, fanning my fevered face when he finally did speak after silently keeping up with my stare.

Sighing gently I made a tired expression causing his hands, to out of reflex, tug me even closer to his chest. Squeaking out a sound of silent surprise my palms involuntarily rose and flattened against his clothed shoulder in attempts to steady my body, comfortably against his. Wearily I rose my heated eyelids up towards his again, a grimace coating my frowning downturned lips.

"Yeah." I said sighing once more, as a slight twinge tickled my hip in an uncomfortable manner.

He rubbed my clothed hip with a soft touch. "Does it hurt?"

"No, no it's fine." I said lying out through clenched teeth, my entire body screaming with agonising pain.  

This was a normal occurrence after my episodes and it was just something that I had learned to live with as it happened to me all the time and there was nothing- absolutely nothing that I could do to change that fact. For me to be in terrifyingly immense pain was normal and on top of that for me to be used to it and just accept it as my reality was something even bigger, saying volumes of my exceeded pain tolerance limits. 

"You're not okay." He said sharply. 

"I'm telling you I am."

He scoffed. "Why are you wincing?"

I looked up at him, slightly surprised at how irritated he seemed. "Because I'm being held captive against my will."

His arms curled tighter around me. "For your own good."

"Captivity is never done for the betterment of someone else."

"How would you know that?" He fired back. "You don't know the intention so why are you so quick to judge?"

"Because captivity is and will always be a punishment- a torturous scam to poison someone slowly, ridding them of all that they are as a person to leave behind only a shell of the living corpse they're forced to succumb to becoming!"

He didn't look surprised by my outburst but his eyes did soften even more showing a glimmering sense of underlying pain in them. 

"I'm sorry."

I blinked, taken aback as my chest heaved erratically against his at the long-winded speech that had been bubbling in me for far too long. "S-sorry?"

He nodded, his hands so tender on my waist as he curled my body closer towards his to mold completely against his. "Sorry."

"For w-what...?" 

He looked down at where his hands were on my body, his face leaning closer to mine. "For all that you were forced to be subjected to at the hands of others."

I flinched, jolting out his arms. "W-what...?"

His words evoked a weird feeling in me as I stared up at him slightly aghast at what had just slipped out his mouth at me. He stared back at me unnerved by my flabbergasted state, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his suit trousers as he gazed sympathetically evasively at me. 

"Why would you say that?" I murmured, rubbing my arms as I looked down in an all too familiar melancholy manner. 

"Your eyes were screaming out what your lips wouldn't."

"They were screaming out pain?" I scoffed, trying to keep my calm at how easily this man- this stranger was deciphering all my riddles and cracking through me. "Th-that's ridiculous."

He cocked a brow. "You don't need to say anything for me to be able to read what you really want to say."

I faltered, my posture slacking at how powerful his gaze was in this moment in time as he looked undeterred at me. My feet led me back a little, the need for distance really important. Unfortunately in doing that I felt another pair of arms touch me, the annoying mass of green shaking in my face again, obscuring the man that I actually wanted to keep my gaze on from my sights. 

Oh God! Not Dr Mint again!!