Compliment

AN:- Any guesses who??   😏🧐🤔  

I'll dedicate the next chapter to the person who first guesses correctly at who it may be before reading this chapter as it's revealed in this update who it is   😏

COMMENT HERE YOUR ANSWERS! 

"Holy f-"

I placed a hand on my hammering heart as I squinted my eyes to make out the silky silhouette of Dr Lee sat at the head of the table, an amused grin on his face as he stared at my entirely too alarmed and raggedly mused expression.

"You startled me."

He chuckled quietly. "I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone else would come to the lab so early and so I didn't bother with the lights when I came in just now a while ago."

He was sat back comfortably on the rotating seat, as he spoke to me. Finally feeling sane again I gingerly and very slowly sat back down on the chair I had abandoned before he had scared me, my composure having been regained at last.

"Clearly I should stop underestimating your passionate work ethic."

I gave him a blaise look, my heart settled into its comfortable rhythm. "I come at this time every day.

He chuckled as he stared brightly at me. "I'm aware of that, Dr TaeHee."

"How?" I pursed my brows questioningly. "You come after 10 am. How would you know that I come so early in the morning?"

"You forget I'm head Doctor at Byeol lab." His voice was high with mirth. "I know about every single thing that's related to you."

"Because that's not creepy at all." 

His shoulders shook with laughter, his lips pulling back to show his gleaming grin as he looked at me. "About all of my doctors."

"That couldn't have said before?" I cocked a brow at his merriful expression. 

"Slip of the tongue." He said in a way that suggested it was anything but. "Forgive me."

"I'm sure." I retorted, my hands settling in my lap as I waited for the rest of the team of doctors to arrive. 

He resumed looking at me with the same happy grin he always seemed to have, the silence between us not uncomfortable but eerie in the sense given what had just transpired amidst the pair of us. 

"Can I ask why we've all been asked to meet up in here?"

"You'll be finding out soon Dr TaeHee." He huskily drawled out. "Think you can wait till then?" His tone was teasing.

"I'm curious." I said in my usual monotonous manner.

"Aren't we all?"

I raised a brow delicately, getting the hint. "I'll wait then."

He chuckled hoarsely. "I'd rather you didn't."

"You change your mind a fair bit Dr Lee."

He gave me an impish wink. "I'm helpless it seems, against a certain fairly charismatic and endearingly passionate woman."

I purposefully raised a brow at his slew of, not so sly, compliments paying no heed to them as I switched into work mode and put all else behind me.  

"So may I know what's going on?"

He ducked his head, still smiling wide as he nodded in my direction.