Punish the Sin

AN:- They're alone... 😏

At his exit the air around me suddenly felt a lot heavier than it had been before with the three of us in it and with a deep breath, I turned my face away from the man before me and focused my attention on the papers Dr Lee had handed me before we had been interrupted.

Distorted limbs... Scarred faces... Mutated flesh... Heavy bleeding along with unhealing patchy wounds...

This was all a horrid, horrid gruesome nightmare. The descriptions of the manifestations were brutal enough and I had to admit to being a little anxious of actually viewing the images of this inhumane gore.

"You left rather abruptly back there."

His voice sounded nearer than it had before and I whirled back around in surprise to find him within an inch of distance away from me. Startled at his nearness my hands shot out to steady myself at his abrupt proximity instantly making his hands raise out and curl possessively around my wrists, keeping me upright.

"Steady." His voice was a mere whisper as he looked down heavily at me, our bodies stood provocatively together.

The papers in my hand scattered all over the floor and hastily I yanked my wrists out from his grasp and squatted down to the ground to pick them up. I didn't want to look him dead in the face as I knew that for some reason that never ended well for me and I was not in favour to go through that haze again. I became immobile in his hold and I lost sight and all sense of where I was and that kind of unconscious intoxication was something I couldn't and wouldn't ever afford again.

His shadow loomed over mine as he also squatted down to his knees, helping me retrieve the fallen pile. Wordlessly he and I worked on the fallen sheets until there was just a single sheet of paper left near my right; the right that he was also bent down at. Looking up at his face there was a moment of silent communication between us before he nodded in reply to my unspoken question and let me be the one to reach out and get the last sheet on the floor. Stretching my hand out, I somehow and very unfortunately enough underestimated my balance and by some stroke of seriously bad luck went toppling down to the ground, once again squishing his body underneath mine.

"Oh crap!"

The papers flew around us two like wedding confetti and I looked around us in dismay at the flash of white merrily falling down like a dancing tune on top of our entangled bodies.

"If you're going to be making a habit out of falling on top of me then I might need to make sure that my medical insurance is always covered just in case I end up in hospital one of these days."

"Are you calling me fat?" I peered down unamused at him, gulping discreetly as his nose brushed across my own when I moved my head.

"So you're agreeing to make this a habit?" His lips curled up into a smirk as he ignored my question.

"It was accidental!" I exclaimed.

He cocked his head to the side, silky strands of hair falling over his forehead in messy disarray. "Once done is an accident, twice committed is a sin."

"A sin?" I parroted, a little unnerved because he had moved his head closer upwards to mine when saying that.

"A sin."

His nose this time purposefully brushed against mine, his eyes trained on my parted open lips.

"Sins should be punished, shouldn't they?"

Seeing his rapidly growing neverending nearness I panicked and moved my head away to the other side, the stare in his eyes making me feel weird.

Fuck this is exactly what I had been trying so hard to avoid!

Fuck, fuck fuck! Now, what should I do?!?

"Nervous, Doctor?"

I confidently faced him again, his insinuation hurting my pride at the mere suggestion of anything remotely even close to it. "Never."

His lips pulled up and a flash of white peeked out from underneath, his pearly whites making another appearance as he grinned up cockily at me.

"I don't get nervous." I narrowed my eyes at him, offense dripping in my tone.

Grinning even wider he leaned his head up, to whisper huskily in my ear, one hand curling through my long hair and around my scalp to hold me to place against his lips. "Then why are you trembling?"

Surprised my eyes shot down to meet his, a big mistake as my lips planted themselves just above his. Taking the moment he slid his arms around my waist fully, pulling me flush to him, his mouth dominantly hot and possessive on mine. My eyes widened in shock at the turn of events and I scrambled to get up when suddenly chatter that I hadn't noticed sounding from outside the room came bursting inside.

Oh Lord, kill me now!