Chapter Twenty

I posted chapters 19-20 so make sure you read them in order:)

I watched my brother and Kason circle each other on the gym mat, each throwing punches at the other, trying to prepare Jaxon for the fight he has in an hour. They were only practicing for a short while so Jaxon wouldn't be tired when it was time for his fight.

"I don't like the fact that Jaxon is street fighting," Marla said from beside me. She was there watching them practice with me, to give me some company while I kept an eye on them.

"Me neither," I admitted. "Actually, I don't like the idea that Kason is fighting either. I don't care how good they are—both of them could end up getting into some serious trouble." I knew Kason was undefeated and everything, but he could still make the wrong kind of enemies, and that was something that had been lingering in my mind lately. And my brother was still quite inexperienced. I just didn't want anyone getting hurt.

"Both of them have experience in being in some serious trouble," Marla chuckled lightheartedly. "They worry me, but I know they can take care of themselves." I nodded, knowing that she was right.

Soon, Aria and Holden showed up. Immediately, Aria started quickly explaining that she had been invited to a party tonight at some girl named Michelle's house and she wanted me and Marla to go with her. I immediately declined. "I can't. I'm going to watch Jaxon and Kason tonight." Usually, I'd be down for a party, but I really wanted to watch Kason and Jaxon for the first time.

"I was going to go, too," Marla mentioned.

Aria groaned and crossed her arms. She was wearing black ripped jeans, a white tank top, and a thick, blush-pink corduroy jacket. "Holden, please go," she pleaded, facing her boyfriend.

He shook his head, sighing. "Babe, you know I already promised Jaxon that I'd keep an eye on Lydia while they were fighting," he reminded her. "Just hang back tonight with us and we can all go to the next party together." Aria looked away from him, obviously disappointed and not wanting to go to a party all by herself.

"I'll go with you," Marla spoke up after a moment. "I've seen Kason fight a million times and I was there to watch Jaxon last week." Standing up from the bench we were sitting on, she pulled down the sleeves of her black jacket and adjusted the band T-shirt she had on underneath. "I'm in the party mood anyway."

Aria cheered overdramatically, making Kason and Jaxon pause to look in our direction before continuing. "We need to go pick out our outfits! The party has already started; come on!" Chuckling at her best friend's excitement, Marla left with her after saying their farewells.

Soon, it was just me and Holden watching Kason and Jaxon. "I don't need a babysitter," I told him as he sat down where Marla had been sitting.

"Yes, you do," he replied as we both watched Kason easily dodge a punch from Jaxon. "They fight on the bad side of town. Leaving you alone would be the worst decision they could make," he informed me. I nodded, not bothering to argue. I didn't like being alone anyway.

In half an hour, the boys stopped practicing as it was getting close to time for the fight. Holden and I waited while they grabbed their gym bags and wiped the sweat off their faces. "I want to ride with Jaxon," Holden spoke up. "We need to talk."

The three of us looked at him, furrowing our eyebrows. "What about?" my brother asked him.

"You're now dating my twin," he reminded him. "We have things to talk about."

Gulping, Jaxon looked uneasily at Kason and I. Kason laughed as Jaxon somewhat reluctantly led Holden to our car and I grinned, amused by the situation. "Come on," Kason said before leading me to his black Charger.