🚬 Three Cigarettes 🚬

Markell tossed and turned in his sleep, nightmares plaguing his mind. Memories of when his family left him replying over and over, causing him to jerk awake. He looked around in a start before he sighs softly before he goes on high alert when he hears someone speak.

"Those were some really bad nightmares, Mr. Køhler," The voice says.

"What...who are you. Show yourself," Markell says, grabbing the knife under his pillow as he looks around, standing up as he got out of bed.

"I'll show myself when the time is right! But, back to the nightmares. I can take those away if you'd like!" The voice offers, one being able to imagine the grin on the person's face.

"And how exactly would you be able to do that?" Markell asks suspiciously, not being one to trust easy.

"Well friend, all you'd have to do is let me inside of your mind! Then, I could give you nothing but good dreams! Doesn't that sound like a good deal?" The voice asks.

"Ja...but I don't like that you'll be in my head. I'll deal with my nightmares," Markell says.

The voice chuckled darkly and shuffling could be heard as if the voice stripped away it's kindness.

"You didn't have a choice," It says before a shadow suddenly lunges at Markell.

Markell stumbled back a small yelp escaping him as he was startled by what just happened. He patted himself down but nothing felt off. So, he tried to go back to sleep.

This time, he dreamt of nothing.

Morning came around and he stretched as light flooded his room and woke the Dane up. Half awake, he caught eye of his journal. With a shrug, he went over and wrote.

Journal,

For once, I'm up early. Arnold and Loki should be waking up soon though. This is around the time one of them comes to wake me up.

Speaking of those two, I worried them yesterday. You see, Mathias and I got into a fight yesterday. As in a physical fight. Can't say I'm surprised. Mathias and I don't exactly see eye to eye.

Anyway, last night was...interesting. This shadow thing jumped out at me. Then again, I may have just been experiencing sleep paralysis. Then again, I was able to move. Maybe the nightmares had something to do with it. Ah, it doesn't matter. I'm going to make breakfast for Loki and Arnold.

Markell puts the journal down on his bed before walking off to the kitchen.