On the other hand

Sans opened his eyesockets slowly, the sheer tiredness he felt crept in every bone of his. His phone, the source of why he had been woken, was ringing excessively. Brrriinnggg briinnnngg "Okay, okay, I get it Boss", he yelled at the phone with a growl as he picked it up. For the past week or so Papyrus has been so busy he had to wake up his brother via phone call. Sans didn't know which he hated more, mornings or his brother screeching voice waking him up.

"Sup boss", he said in a low tone due to him literally just waking up. He looked around the room. Blue and purple carpet, maroon walls, trash tornado, and weirdest yet a treadmill. Socks piled in montains here and there, and a dresser with a single lamp on top. Some may say his room is absolutely atrocious, but Sans knew he was never for one for style or well cleanliness.

"DO NOT SUP BOSS ME SANS. YOU KNOW WHAT IS UP."

Sans sighs heavily, he indeed knew what was up. Papyrus was calling him to start his day of work. What Sans would do if he could just stay in bed for the day. He wondered if he could marry his bed or would his blanket become jealous?

Setting aside the whole debate of who would win his affections, he focused back onto the conversation. He didn't want to get Boss mad, no one did.

"I SENT YOU A LIST OF TASK TODAY TO DO BEFORE YOU GO TO WORK. IT NEEDS TO BE DONE PRONTO. I KNOW SOME OF THEM CAN BE DONE BY THE HUMAN BUT I RATHER NOT HAVE HER GO TO ALPHYS'S LAB. SHE SEEMED A BIT FREAKED OUT LAST TIME WHEN YOU GUYS CAME BACK."

Sans nods, remembering how much she had shaken going up there. Even holding her hand didnt seemed to work. Which was weird, it had always helped Frisk when they were scared. Sans squints, pushing the memories away about the kid. They were gone, they chose to leave. Theres no use to thinking about it now.

"Got it Boss, anything else?"

There was a long pause, "JUST DON'T SLACK OFF LIKE ALWAYS. ALPHYS SAYS TO COME OVER STRAIGHT AWAY. DO NOT KEEP HER WAITING SANS. I WOULD DO IT MYSELF BUT I MUST PREPARE THINGS FOR THE QUEEN."

"You? The great and mighty Papyrus going and retrieving something like a lowly sentry?", Sans sarcastically remarks.

"UGH", Papyrus huffs. "YOU HAVE THE WORST HUMOR SOMETIMES SANS. I WOULD ONLY GO IF I COULD FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE HUMAN. ITS BEEN WEEKS SANS AND SHE STILL DOESN'T REMEMBER A THING. I KNOW ALPHYS SAID IT COULD TAKE AWHILE BUT I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE THIS LONG."

Sans could hear the worry in his brothers voice. Boss might act tough and like he doesn't care, but the truth was quite the opposite. "You like this human don't you? You know how dangerous it is to get close." Sadness and grief shadowed his heart once more. He knew how much pain it caused Papyrus when the kid had left. San shook his head, what was making him think of them so much today?

"Sans, it's hard. If you got to know her you would know", Boss quietly snapped.

Taken aback from the sudden soft anger he retorted, "Thats why I don't want to get to know her."

"JUST DO YOUR JOB SANS."

And just like that silence filled the room once more. Angrily, Sans got ready for the day.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Waawoosh, the metal door sounded out as Sans stepped into the lab. So many memories were washed along the room. Memories of when he was just a teen working as an intern, memories of different timelines, and something he felt like he had forgotten. Either way, he much rather go back to the palace. Even with the tiring diplomacy of the place, it sure beat where he was now. Plus, there was Toriel and boy was she funny.

Red and black tiles ran across the floor as red walls towered high. The desk not far from him had a old computer covered with dust. It also contained numerous tou figurines and messy stacks of paper. Next to it was a fridge and a bag of generic dog food. On the same wall, there was a hole. Mettaton sized no doubt. It has been there for ages, and proof of the metal box's love of grand entries. As Sans kept walking he saw the huge screen, the girl was just now walking out of the skeletons home.