Chapter Twelve

Tyler |

A loud bang and rattle followed the deafening sound of the slamming door, sending a shock through my body as I stood next to my locker.

The tension in the room grew thick as silence filled the air, everyone's eyes darting over to Greyson with malicious glares.

Biting my lip in thought, I made myself look over at him to see his leg shaking nervously, hiding his face as he was leaned over on his elbows.

He knew everyone was staring at him.

"Yea, Greyson what was that?"

Ace confidently stood in front of the gazing crowd with a frown, eyeing Greyson from afar with an amused frown.

Not responding, Greyson flinched after getting hit in the face with Ace's dirty uniform shirt.

Glaring at Ace, I debated whether or not yelling at him would help anything. I didn't know what to do.

"Everyone... everyone was depending on you with you being one of the best wide receivers on the team. You didn't catch the ball the first few times... and when you actually caught it, you weren't even determined enough to reach the touch-down line."

Shaking as if he were in a freezer, Greyson visibly grew even more stressed, eagerly running his fingers through his hair as he avoided looking up from the floor.

"Coach Sunny was depending on this win. We all were. But you literally let the ball slip through your hands..."

Ace chuckled.

"What's your problem man? What... are you having girl trouble or something? No... wait... oh, I know what it is. Your boyfriend probably broke your heart, that's what it was. It's always the fa–"

"Shut the fuck up Ace, you don't know what you're talking about!"

Greyson stood up now, his voice breaking with strain.

Ace seemed unbothered.

"Oh... looks like that riled him up guys; I've found out what it's been for months... what's been keeping him back so much lately."

Breathing heavily now, Greyson glared daggers at Ace as if he would at any moment pounce on him like a starving cheetah.

"Clearly, I do know what I'm talking about, seeing as you got all defensive. But anyway, it's not like you're going to do anything bro. Coach Sunny isn't coming back to save you like last time."

Greyson briefly glanced around the room until his eyes met mine, quickly averting gaze eyes to furrow his eyebrows and shake his head.

"Ace... I'm not in the mood for your fucking bullshit. You always single people out when something like this happens, and you act like it's never your fault. You prance around the field like we all owe you something when no one of us gives a flying fuck about you or your wea–"

"Twinkle toes, if I were you, I'd shut my mouth and think about the next few words I would say. You were never able to stand up to me or anyone for that matter, and your pathetic efforts right now are just embarrassing. You've embarrassed your family and the entire team today with your clueless game today and–"