Chapter 8: The One Who Will Heal Her

"Morana, I am a lost cause. I am your mate, your soulmate. There is no me without you. I'm incomplete without you, my queen," he presses his warm lips behind my ear causing me to arch closer and his arms tighten around me.

I feel my resolve slipping. With each word he says, I know that I am one step closer to being a lost cause as well. I shouldn't have come. I should've just sent him a letter and ran again. I should've left. I should've known better. But I didn't know that he would've chosen me as his true mate. I didn't know the bond would form the instant I saw him. He's made it impossible for me to leave without hurting both of us deeply. Rejecting him would almost kill us both now. He's now my true mate and I can't deny the feelings I feel around him. It's like he completes me. He makes me whole again. He's making it so hard to argue against him. It's so hard for me to repeatedly tell him that I must leave, that I can't stay.

"Prince Thanatos-" I start but he puts a finger to my lips.

"Thanatos, just Thanatos," he tells me sternly before removing his finger.

I take a deep breath and smell his lingering scent upon my lips, "Please, let me go."

"Do you really want that? Do you really want me to let go Morana?" He dips his head so that his lips are pressed against my neck, "do you want me to stop? To take my hands off of you? To stop the sparks that are so obviously flowing between us? To take my lips off of your soft skin? To go and kiss someone else?"

A loud growl is heard from my chest and my eyes burn as my wolf takes control, "you are mine," She tightens her arms around him. "You will not kiss someone else," she growls loudly at him, "You are mine."

"I know. And you are mine," his teeth graze a soft spot on my neck.

A moan leaves my lips which causes her to lose focus allowing me to snap back into control.

"I'm so sorry, Prince Thanatos. We shouldn't have growled at you," I apologize as he continues kissing my neck.

As soon as the words leave my mouth, he bites down. Not hard enough for it to be my mating mark, but hard enough for it to just barely pierce my skin and leave a temporary mark. I hear a loud moan escape me at the pleasure I feel from the sparks zipping through my body. If a temporary mark feels like this, just how pleasurable would a true mating mark feel like?

He growls at me, "you are my mate. You do not have to apologize to me for growling at me. I am yours and you are mine. Understand?" He lifts his head to look at me. His golden eyes indicate that his wolf has taken over. He lowers his head so that his lips are directly above mine, brushing against me each time he speaks, "Little mate of mine, just accept that you are mine. You want me, your wolf wants me. Just accept it." His wolf's voice was deeper and more seductive than his as he smirks against my lips.

I feel my eyes darken into a matching golden shade as my wolf takes over. She gazed into his eyes before opening her mouth to whisper, "Alessandro." That must be his wolf's name.

"Danica," his lips brush against ours as he whispers her name back. "Please accept me."

"Morana has been through a lot of pain. We bonded with Nick and treated him as though he was our pup," her voice thickens with emotion, "we lost our pup. That's why she's hesitant to accept the bond with you. She will come around. Just give her some time," she blinks back the tears that sprang up at the mention of Nick.

"I'm so sorry, little mate. I didn't know," he gently caresses our cheek and gazes at us with empathy shining through.

"It's not your fault, not many people know," She looks into his eyes lovingly. I can feel that she wants this. She wants him. She knows that he will help us heal from Nick's death. She's forming a bond with him.