Chapter five

Tom knew he was screwed the moment you walked away from him in the club, leaving him standing alone in the middle of the floor surrounded by women that he could pay reckless amounts of money, none of which would leave even a dent in his bank account. But for some reason, he didn't walk up to a single one of these women, too focused on following you out after telling Harrison that he was off. Not even bothering to bid his two younger brothers a farewell.

He wouldn't admit that he kept his eyes trained on the bare skin that showed where your dress ended, spending the half hour ride home imagining what it'd feel like to run his hands up your bare thighs, pushing them aside and pressing rushed kisses on the insides until he reached your core. He wanted to hear you whine, moan his name as the words fell from your lips. They were dirty, unholy thoughts that he didn't feel an ounce of guilt about.

Tom could only imagine exactly what you wore underneath that red dress. It took everything in him not to palm himself on the way home, but he wouldn't give you the pleasure of knowing what you'd done to him so he simply tapped his foot impatiently against the foot of the car. This made it no surprise that as soon as the car pulled up, he jumped straight out, heading to his room where he ripped his black jeans off, gripping his length with one hand and the bed sheets with the other as he thought about you, the girl that only days ago he wanted gone.

Tom had always thought with his dick instead of his brain when it came to women, and in this case, it may have meant mistaking his growing feelings for lust. The mobster that didn't beg for anyone didn't chase or fall to his knees for any girl, wanted you moaning his name, and he was willing to put up a fight.

"I don't know the man she's just, she's getting into my fucking head"

Harrison shook his head, a cheeky smile covering his features because for the first time ever, his friend was learning that sometimes you had to actually work for what he wanted, instead of kicking his feet up and bossing everyone else around. "She's a fiery one, I'll give her that. Are you sure this isn't just about getting into her pants?"

"Of course not, I don't want anything serious." He tore up another useless piece of paper, chucking it behind him with the rest of them. "I'm used to girls running after me but now she shows up and she teases me and suddenly I'm fucking weak?" Tom groaned, shoving a stack of papers off of his desk. "God why isn't there anything in these damn files" He muttered, slamming his laptop shut.

By now his office looked like an absolute mess but this was what Tom did when he was balls deep into a task, he made whatever mess necessary to find the truth.

"I don't get why you can't just find the people that threatened her when she was little and deal with them, then you could send her home and bam, you're a free man once again," Harrison said it as if it were the easiest thing in the world, eyeing up the stack of discarded papers.

"Don't you think I've tried? There's no traces or anything. It was all done so well as if it didn't even exist in the first place or the person was really fucking smart"

His eyes fell over the contract, as well as the other information he'd collected about this girl and her past. All traces of their former mob was wiped, as was half of her childhood and any information about the killing. He'd buried himself in work, attempting to print off any documents, news articles, whatever he could find about you and your past but not much came up, much to his disappointment.

"Then take that information and go from there" Tom was getting frustrated now.

"I'm trying but god-, i don't even have a clue what i'm looking at" Rolling up his sleeves, Tom dropped the paper. It was getting hot in his office, but maybe that was simply his anger.