91 - Venting

"Re, what happened?"

The silence that went on for days is finally broken. Re-Haan is sitting next to a massive pile of books. She catches a volume attached to her hand with a thin thread of purple and looks up. She purses her lips as she thinks for a few moments.

"I met someone..."

Unsure how to even begin describing all that has happened, her speech falters. Her uncle's mouth twists into a smirk. "You met someone..."

"Yes..." She nods to herself, tilting her head left and right. "I think he is not from around here. He can do things that... even we can't do."

She looks at the book in her hand and starts flipping through it. The old man opens his mouth a few times as if to begin speaking, but no words come out.

"All done. Now uncle, thanks a lot for letting me read a bit without asking too many questions. Is there anything I can do for you in return?"

"Hoho ho. Is the world ending? Re thanking me and asking if I need help? The dungeons must have stopped giving for this to occur, truly."

Now looking annoyed, Re-Haan stands up and begins walking towards the entrance. "Tsk, never mind. If you insist on remaining in silence I will at least fix up your room."

Her back to the room, the air around Re-Haan explodes into violet shimmers. The carpet of books starts rolling in a wave, expanding outwards from her figure. Thin lines of deeper purple spring into existence as they rush towards the walls, where they disappear.

*THUNK*

A large, square slab of stone slides from the wall. Then more rectangular bricks pull themselves free. The floating books swiftly fill these gaps, forming neat rows of tomes inset into the stone. Smaller chips of stone now start flaking off the rough surfaces everywhere. The large chunks start sliding around as the floor smoothes itself out.

Slowly but surely, the rough cave turns into a neat looking room, bookshelves lining every wall and benches formed out of stone appearing here and there.

"He can do things, hmmh. I think I understand a bit of what you mean now." The old man looks around the dark space unfazed. Only when the few mana crystals lift from the floor and scatter into dust does an anxious expression come over his face.

The glowing clouds of dust then divide into four, one part going to a corner of the room. There they combine into bright points of light and set themselves in shaded alcoves, casting brilliance across the small library.

"This is the least I can do." Still with her back to the room, Re-Haan touches the green gem on a chain around her neck briefly. Then she resolutely shakes her head and puts her hands to the stone door blocking the entrance. "I'll see you later."

With those parting words, she lifts the stone to the side, opening a gap small enough for her to squeeze through. No longer inside of the silence field she set up, a cacophony of sounds batters at her eardrums. Roaring and thumping sounds reverberate through her chest as she slides through the opening.

Silence reigns as she sees the group of gathered dragons. She sneers the moment a certain over muscled person catches her sight.

"You still dress like a pervert, I see. Oh, mighty All-Dragon."

The glistening muscles tense up as soon as she says this, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Everyone stops, both humanoid and dragon form beings staring at her. Unruffled by becoming the sudden focus of attention, she strolls out through the opening, casually sliding the stone back into place.

"Re-Haan. I hereby judge you to be a tr-"

The muscled man receives a punch to the gut and shoots backwards, slamming into the opposite wall. He lands in a crumpled heap, a thin stream of blood trickling from his head. Not a single sound is heard as she walks over to the heap of man meat.