116 - Devising

"What's his name?"

"It's a her. I haven't given her a name yet."

Ferah is furiously rubbing the massive black tiger, stroking each and every fur and feathered covered surface her small hands can find. The rumbling noise coming from the big cat is loud enough to rattle her teeth as she hugs the fluffy beast.

Three people are standing on a small bleached moon as it circles around a pancake of dirt containing two mountains and a tree. The big cat licks the small girl as she pats the white dust off of its fur.

"You should give her a name." Now staring daggers at Tess, Ferah continues to pet the tiger with all her might.

"Yeah, Tess, why haven't you given her a name yet? Shame on you."

Tess punches Ket playfully in the stomach. "Shut up, stupid."

"Cough... Ah, that is why I don't tease Tess, nearly forgot." Something other than physical pain flashes across Ket's face as he tries to get his coughing fit under control. "Please mind your strength. Braincore, gutcore. Gutcore, braincore." Ket finishes pointing first to himself, then Tess, and then himself again.

Tess smirks apologetically at this. Turning back to the small beastkin appropriating her mount, her face turns serious and solemn again. "Listen up Ket, Tower city is doomed if we don't act. I saw a hundred full muties out there."

"A hundred? The Neutalinn guard and dungeon delvers handled that number ten years ago."

"On one mountain. Each leading a group of demi muties."

"A HUNDRED? The Goodsummer protectors can't handle that many!" Ferah is now standing on top of the tiger, looking distressed.

"Additional information submitted, five points awarded."

Tess looks down in response to the flat and lifeless voice sounding out. "Dee-Bee, any relevant quests?"

"Yes," is the synthetic reply.

"Don't get uppity with me, you stupid..." Tess mumbles to herself as she puts a piece of jade to her forehead. Ket and Ferah follow her example as they see Tess start to smile a smile that is dripping with greed.

Wiping her mouth with a slurping sound, Tess nearly starts yelling. "I'll accept them all!"

"Not allowed."

Tess coughs a bit. "Sorry about that, I'll accept Goodsummer scouting and the subjugation one."

"Group?" asks the Database.

"Me!" replies Ket immediately.

"ME!" Ferah jumps from the tiger as she puts the stone back in her dress pocket.

"We need to get you some gear. I wonder why Teach gave this escort mission such high rewards?" Tess looks around, observing the absolutely barren landscape of the moon. "Dee-Bee, how do we get back to the mainland? And maybe do something about the exposed portal?"

"Jump."

"Thanks, that was very useful." Now glaring at the centre of the moon, Tess starts walking.

"Where you goin', miss?" Ferah follows the tiger as it plods after it's rider.

"Getting under Tree. Jumping straight up is easier than at such a sharp angle." Pointing at the pancake of land containing Tree, Tess's arm is stretched out at a diagonal angle.

Ferah jumps on the tiger's back again. "I'm going to call you Blacky."

"You are not calling my mount Blacky."