Chapter 1 - The Return

I pull out my headphones as the landing is announced. After putting my headphones and my sketchbook in my bag I sit back and fasten my seatbelt. After what feels like hours I'm finally at the exit and start looking for Jenna. I find her standing in front of her car with Mr. Saltzman... they're apparently together now. I walk towards them and Jenna finally sees me, she meets me halfway and we just hug each other tightly. "I missed you," I say after a few minutes of just hugging her. "I missed you too," Jenna says and then pulls back. "What did you do to your hair?" Jenna asks me while tugging on a strand. "Yeah, I was forced but I like it. It looks nice, right?" I ask her a little unsure. "What? Of course, it looks great. It suits you." Jenna assures me. "Thanks. Hey Mr.Saltzman." I greet him as he comes and stands next to Jenna. "Hey, Arielle. Ric is just fine, there's no need for formalities." Ric says and I smile and nod. "Okay. You aren't busy right? I wanted to go meet Care first, just for a few minutes and then I was hoping that you would drop me off at Ty's." I tell Jenna since I wanted to check on both my friends. "Yeah, of course. Come on." Jenna says and we head towards her car. Once my bags are in the trunk and we are all settled, Jenna starts driving towards the hospital.

"How was it? Did you have fun?" Jenna asks after a few minutes. "It was fun. I liked the academy itself and I sort of just fell in love with New York too. I made a few friends, saw amazing places, so, all in all, it was a fun experience. Did you have fun here?" I ask Jenna in return. "Not really. Everything's so confusing add the fire and well it's just a bit odd. I'm really glad you're back, finally have someone to talk to without being called crazy." Jenna says and Mr.Saltzman looks back at me as though warning me, I just raise an eyebrow in challenge. Jenna has the right to know, besides if she finds out later or during some tragedy well that's going to be awful. "Don't worry Jen. The best of us are crazy. Besides it is a bit odd." I assure her and she smiles at me. After half an hour we reach the hospital, I get out and wait for Jenna. "Do you know where Care is?" I ask her and she nods. "Yeah, I'll show you," Jenna says and I follow her. We reach a room and she gestures for me to go in. I take an unnecessary breath and open the door.

"Ari?" Care asks as I enter. To my surprise, she looks just fine, but Ty said that she had been taken into surgery. What the hell did Elena do this time? I ask myself. "Hey, Care. Miss me?" I ask jokingly as I stand next to her before giving her a hug. She hugs me back tightly. "You have no idea, Ari. I'm so glad you're back. I missed you." Care whispers and I let go of her before sitting down next to her. "Me too. I'm so glad you're okay. When Ty called I was so worried I wouldn't get to see you again." I whisper back and she smiles before hugging me again. "You know, I heard you won Miss Mystic Falls," I told her after we both settled back down. "Well with the dress you sent how couldn't I? It would've been a shame really. Thanks, Ari, you supported me even when you weren't here." Care says and I smile at her. As I'm about to say something we both hear the door open and Matt comes in with... Bonnie. Great.

I get up and hug Matt. "Ari?" Matt questions while hugging me tightly. "Hey Matt," I whisper while holding on tightly to him. "God Ari, I missed you," Matt says before pulling back. "I missed you too," I tell him. "When did you get here? Did you come with Jenna? Did you meet John?" Matt asks before looking at my hair in confusion. "Well I landed about an hour ago and I got here only a few minutes and yes I came with Jenna. I thought that I would meet Care first then Jenna could drop me off at Ty's. And yes I changed my hair. And what about Uncle John? He's here?" I ask Matt. "It suits you. And if you don't mind we could go to Ty's house together. The wake's today so... And yeah John accidentally cut off his fingers." Matt says a bit unsure and confused. "Oh, I didn't know, I'll go meet him. And okay. I'll just go home and change. Pick me in half an hour?" I ask him. "Sure." Matt agrees. I turn to Care and hug her one more time. "I'll come by tonight okay?" I ask her. "Okay. See you soon." Care says and I hug Matt once and say bye before leaving.