Chapter 10 - The Sacrifice

I wake up to my alarm blaring and sit up and turn it off. Jer is still sleeping beside me. I wake Jer up before getting ready for classes. Then check my phone to see if Ares or Noah had responded since I had left them both voicemails but there was nothing. It worried me a little. I take the phone with me and go downstairs. Jer is already waiting there, looking half asleep. "Ready?" I ask him and he nods. "Yeah let's go." Jer agrees. After jogging and self-defense, we go to the archery arena and Jer takes a bow and a few arrows. He stands awkwardly before an instructor comes to help him. I practice on my own for some time before deciding to check on Jer. I find him struggling as he tries to shoot. He aims and releases the arrow but it lands a few feet away from him. I get my laughter under control before standing next to him.

Jer looks at me and sighs. "You can laugh." He says and I just shake my head. "Or I could teach you." I tell him and he smiles. I help him get in the correct posture and after a few tries, his aims actually land the target. We leave after half an hour and start walking home. "You okay?" I ask Jer as we're walking home. "Yeah. I'm just tired. Can you make pancakes for breakfast?" Jer asks and I nod. "Sure. What's the plan for today? I mean other than attending school." I ask Jer. "Can we skip?" Jer asks in a small voice and I nod. Everyone in the town already knows and I seriously hate it. I just know there will be a lot of rumors, then there's Elena. I just hope she doesn't say something stupid, that is if she can get out of her supernatural mess.

"If we are skipping how about a nice movie marathon?" I ask him and he nods. "What kind of movies?" Jer asks and I shrug. "Thriller or horror. You choose." I tell him. "Horror. Not too intense though. I actually want to sleep at night." Jer says. "Yeah, me too." I agree. We reach home and go to our rooms to get ready. After taking a quick shower and changing into leggings and a loose tee I go to Jenna's room and knock. Jenna opens the door looking ready to leave. Right she's going back to the campus for two days.

"Hey, I'm making pancakes. You want some? Uh, also Jer and I are skipping." I tell her and she nods. "Yeah, pancakes sound great. Do you... should I stay? I mean I could go next week." Jenna asks. "Honestly I do think you should stay, I know that Jer will be happy if you join us but if it's important then you should go." I tell Jenna. "It's not important, I've just been feeling useless sitting in my room is all. You know what? I'll just change and see you downstairs." Jenna tells me and I nod. "Okay." I agree and go downstairs into the kitchen. I start making pancakes and some coffee. Jer comes down in a few minutes and helps me. "Done." Jer declares and I look over to see the mess he created. Jer insisted on making his own pancake. "What in the world is that Jer?" I ask as I go stand next to him. "Well in it was supposed to be Mickey Mouse but I poured too much batter and this is what it turned out as." Jer explains. "It turned out like a disaster you mean?" I ask him and he gives me a small glare. "It's not that bad." Jer argues. "You are right we could pass it off as a map of some country. Or we could just say its an art piece." I tell him mockingly and he shoves me slightly. I laugh and he joins in.

We both set the table and Jenna comes down dressed similar to me. "Hey, Aunt Jenna. Are you going to campus dressed like that?" Jer asks sounding confused. "No, since you're skipping, I decided I should skip too. Spend some time with you two and enjoy whatever you both have planned." Jenna informs him. "Well, we plan to have a mild horror movie marathon." I tell Jenna. "Mild horror movie marathon? What is that supposed to mean?" Jenna asks. "Well, it means that the horror movie can't be too scary or intense. Since we both are cowards who are scared of people dressed as ghosts." I inform Jenna and Jer laughs at my explanation. Jenna nods chuckling a little.

We eat while Jer and Jenna argue about which movies to watch. Jenna wanted to watch 'Orphan' and Jer wanted to watch 'Zombieland'. I really don't know why they are arguing since it's a marathon and we can watch both. "Guys. We can watch both, so please stop it's like watching children fight." I tell them and they both turn to look at me. "You could have said that before." Jenna accuses. "I could've but well it's fun to watch children fight." I explain with a smile and they both sigh. We clean up and get some snacks (because they're essential to a marathon) and settle down on the couch in the living room after putting in The Grudge. I hate the movie it scares me especially now that I know that there are supernatural things in the world, which means that paranormal could be real too.