Chapter 8 - Rose

I wake up with a groan feeling as though my head is about to burst. I open my eyes and my vision is blurry so I shut them tightly before opening them again. I come face to face with a man who's smirking at me. I raise an eyebrow in question and he shows his vampire face. "Am I supposed to be scared by that?" I ask him my voice sounding rough and I almost blanch. He just stares at me smirking again. "Just a little taste...." He trails off and I'm confused until he leans towards me. My eyes widen as I understand what he's about to do and before I can register what's happening, my body is already reacting to the threat. My leg rises and I kick him away, my magic helping me and he flies back into a wall.

I stand up quickly, all my movements causing me to feel dizzy but I regain my balance and stare at the vampire. "Keep your fangs away from me." I tell him hoping to sound threatening but my voice still sounds rough and cracks a bit. He stands up and growls but before he can attack again a woman enters and stops him whispering something. After they finish whisper shouting the guy leaves.

"Doesn't seem like you need saving." The woman says and walks closer. "Your sister on the other hand..." She trails off looking at the side. I turn to follow her gaze. Elena is lying on the couch in an awkward position. She never knows when to shut up. "What do you want?" I ask her. "With you, nothing. You're just an added bonus, a Petrova twin and that too a witch. Sit down and stay quiet." The woman says and leaves. I groan massaging my temples as I feel like I'm going to get sick. I sit down on the torn couch trying to think of ways to get out of here. I come up with nothing but a severe headache and nausea. I lean my head back, close my eyes and take deep breaths a few times before I hear a movement.

I open my eyes to see Elena is up. Just what I need another headache, a living one at that. She starts moving and gestures me to follow, I just give her deadpan look before gesturing her to leave alone. Does she seriously think she can leave without two vampires hearing her? As she leaves I look around hoping to find my clutch since I had stakes in it and the fake moonstone. I find it after looking for five minutes and just in time as the female vampire walks in. Elena walks in after her and I roll my eyes.

"Why am I here?" Elena demands and I sigh in annoyance. She's going to get herself killed. "You keep asking me these questions like I'm gonna answer them." The female vampire says annoyed. I'm going to call her pixie. "Why won't you?" Elena asks. I don't know Elena maybe it's because you're annoying her. "That's another one." Pixie says mockingly. "You got me, okay? It's not like I can go anywhere. The least you can do is tell me what you want with me." Elena demands. They don't owe you anything, Elena. "I personally want nothing; I'm just a delivery service." Pixie tells her. "Delivery to who? Elijah?" Elena pesters. "Two points to the eavesdropper." Pixie says mockingly again and I almost laugh. I control myself and instead focus on the task at hand.

I take a stake from the clutch and hide it in the couch. "Who is he? Is he a vampire?" Elena questions. No Elena he is bunny. I take the other one and the moonstone out. "He's one of the vampires, the originals." Pixie informs Elena. The Originals? "What do you mean the originals?" Elena persists. "Again with the questions. Haven't the Salvatores been teaching you your vampire history?" Rose questions. "So you know Stefan and Damon?" Elena asks and I can hear hope in her voice. "I know of them. A hundred years back, a friend of mine tried to set me up with Stefan. She said he was one of the good ones. I'm more of a sucker for the bad boys though but I digress." Pixie tells her. I wrap the second stake with the moonstone and put it on the couch.

I sit down not wanting to actually faint. "Who are the Originals?" Elena asks again. "Trevor and I have been running for 500 years. We're tired, we want it over. We're using you to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess." Pixie informs. What kind of a name is Trevor? "But why me?" Elena emphasizes. "Because you're a Petrova Doppelgänger. You're the key to breaking the curse." Pixie says and I turn towards them. This conversation just got interesting. "The curse? The sun and the moon curse?" Elena inquires confused. "Oh, you do know your history." Pixie retorts. "What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse." Elena says even more confused. "No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it." Pixie tells her. "The sacrifice?" Elena asks scared. "The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger. Which means, in order to break the curse you're the one who has to die." Pixie informs and I realize these people are not joking around and whoever is coming isn't either.