Chapter 7 - Masquerade

I wake up to someone tapping my shoulder, I open my eyes to see Mason. "Hey. Morning." Mason greets. "Hey. What time is it?" I ask him sitting straight. "It's only 8, but we know what the Salvatores are planning." Mason tells. "How? Where's Jenna?" I ask him when I see she's not in her bed. "Calm down she's with the doctor just a checkup to determine if she can go home. And about the Salvatores we can talk when we reach your house." Mason tells. "Okay, I'm just going to freshen up." I tell him and he nods. I go into the washroom and wash my face before fixing my clothes then going back.

I go back and Jenna isn't back yet so me and Mason wait for her. "She'll be fine." Mason says after minutes of silence. "I know. I'm just worried about how we're going to fix this. I mean does getting rid of Katherine even solve the problem?" I ask him. "What do you mean?" Mason asks. "Well she's here for something... maybe it's not the curse of the sun and the moon but the moonstone is important to something or someone. Who was Katherine going to give the moonstone to? Why turn Caroline? Why use you? Why didn't she just kill Elena? I mean Elena is dating the boy she supposedly loves and she's had many chances to kill Elena, so why didn't she? What does this all add up to?" I ask him. "Uhh... I really don't know. I didn't even think of all those things. Look Ari maybe getting rid of Katherine doesn't solve all the problems but it solves a few. And this is all we have right now. I think that instead of thinking about things we don't know we should focus on what we do know. Like the fact that Katherine needs to be stopped before she hurts someone else. Okay?" Mason asks. "Yeah okay." I agree and we see Jenna come in with her doctor.

The doctor whose name I don't know, tells me when Jenna is supposed to take her pills and what she should and shouldn't do for the next month or so since her rib is broken. I thank him and go to pay the bill while Mason gets Jenna to the car. After paying the bill I go out and get into Mason's truck. "How are you feeling?" I ask Jenna seeing her clutch onto her side. "In pain. And tired too." Jenna answered honestly. "Don't worry once we reach home, I'll make you some breakfast. After eating you can take your medications and get some rest." I tell her and she gives me a small barely-there smile. We reach in fifteen minutes and I open the door as Mason helps Jenna to her room.

I start making coffee and pancakes since Jenna loves them. I put vervain in her coffee and loads of syrup on her pancakes hoping it'll help her feel better. I also make a plate for Mason and take it all upstairs. I reach Jenna's room to see her and Mason laughing. I'm glad she's feeling better already. "Breakfast?" I ask as I enter and they both nod. I set down the tray of food and Jenna smiles widely at me after seeing her pancakes swimming in syrup. "Thanks Ari. Have I ever told you you're my favorite?" Jenna says and I laugh. "Yes aunt Jenna you have actually and you're welcome. Enjoy." I tell her and she smiles at me before devouring her food like Mason already is. These are the adults in my life people. I get up and leave to eat my breakfast and clean the kitchen. As I reach the living room there's a knock on the door and I go to open it.

I open the door to see Matt, Tyler, and Caroline. "Hey, guys. Come in." I say and open the door wider. "I smell pancakes." Tyler says and I look at him but don't bother saying anything. I walk to the kitchen and they follow. "Breakfast?" I ask Caroline and she nods. "Don't we get food?" Matt asks. "Of course Matt. But I don't need to ask you if you want some. You both are always ready to eat." I answer and they both shrug knowing it's true. After pancakes are ready for everyone we sit to eat.

"What are you wearing to the ball?" Care asks. "I don't know if I'm going. I don't want to leave Jenna alone." I tell her and she sighs but nods. "What are you wearing? After all, you're Miss Mystic Falls." I ask her and she smiles before sitting up straight. "I was thinking of wearing the two-piece you got for me but I don't know if it's suitable for a ball." Care says and I nod. I go to answer but Ty interrupts. "Hey, you never gave us our gifts!" Ty exclaims. "Sorry, it slipped my mind I guess. You can take it today." I tell him and he nods returning to his food. "You can borrow something of mine. Ares literally filled my suitcase with dresses." I tell Care and she smiles wider if it's even possible. "Thanks Ari." Care says. After finishing breakfast we leave the boys to clean up while I take Care to my room so she can choose a dress.