Chapter 19 - Klaus

I wake up and just lie in my bed for a few minutes trying not to fall back asleep. After I gather all my strength and motivation, and yes motivation is necessary; I get out of bed and take a shower, brush and get ready. Since I have no plans, I dress in sweats and a plain tee. After changing my dressing, I go downstairs to see no one is up yet. I look at the clock and it's only 5. Great. I start some coffee and toast. After I'm done eating, I go back to my room and take a grimoire from the shelf. I don't know many spells so I start with defensive spells. I learn two defensive spells before moving to offensive spells. I learn how to break bones, restrict breathing, turn blood acidic and a spell that causes people to explode. I don't think I ever want to use any of those, but better safe than sorry. After this I look for a healing spell since I'm frequently hurt. I find one and try to heal my leg. After I perform the spell twice I feel something like a tingling. I remove the dressing to see the wound almost gone. I repeat the spell once more on my leg then on my stomach.

After I'm fully healed I go down stairs and see everyone there. "Good morning." I greet everyone. Everyone greets back and we leave to train, after I assure them that I'm fine. We start off with jogging, then archery and then sparring. They all seem to be doing good, I don't want any losses in New Orleans. We don't even know what to expect, if there will be a fight or if it will be simple. After we reach back, everyone gets ready for the day. I take another shower and change again. There's a knock on my door and I open it to see Ares. "Hey." I greet him and let him in. "Hey." Ares greets and sits down on the bed. "Everything okay?" I ask him after a few seconds of pause. "I'm worried." Ares states. "About what?" I ask him as I sit down next to him. "The ritual. It's not going to end well." Ares says. "Yeah. I know. I don't really want to interfere though, but the Salvatores will and it won't end well for someone." I say. "Everything is a mess, the ritual then the dagger. It's as though we are attracting problems. I don't want to end up loosing someone." Ares says. "Yeah, I don't either." I agree. Ares sighs and gets up. "Come on, we still have plans to make." Ares says holding out his hand. I take it and we both go downstairs.

We see everyone sitting around the coffee table with books and maps. "What are we doing?" I ask as Ares and I sit down. "Using Adam's blood to locate the dagger. The location will also tell us which coven has the dagger." Noah explains. "Won't the coven be able to sense it? Is that possible?" I ask them. Noah sighs before nodding. "They would but if we do it right they won't suspect it." Noah says. "Okay. Let's do it." Adam says. Noah straightens out the map of New Orleans and then turns to Adam. After a little hesitation Adam puts forward his hand and Noah makes a little cut. Noah starts chanting after a little blood falls on the map. After a few seconds the blood starts moving and ends up stopping on a cemetery. "They live in a cemetery?" Felix asks in a deadpan voice. "They don't live there, it's their meeting place of sorts." Ezra clarifies. "He's right. It belongs to the French Quarter Coven." Ares says. "Great, now we know who has it. We can prepare according to that." I say and Ares. "Right. French Quarter witches are prideful, this makes it easier." Ares agrees. "Maybe so but we shouldn't get too over confident." Noah says and I nod. "Yeah, we should still prepare for anything that might be a problem. Even the vampires." I say and everyone nods.

For the next hour or so we try to find a spell to enter the cemetery. Apparently we need to be invited in the cemetery by a witch from the coven. Noah thinks we can't get in even with a spell but Ezra and Ares think we can if we find the proper spell. I'm not so sure about this but we don't have any other way in. Even if one of us gets invited in, it is too risky. Ezra finds a spell but we need to test it so Noah's smart plan is to go to New Orleans once before the actual plan and try to find out as much as we can. He even suggested that we check out the place where the dagger is. Adam said he wanted to go but none of us think that's a good idea. "Maybe Ezra should go with you. He knows a lot more than any of us. Plus he can help if there is any trouble. If you want to go that is." I suggest after a lot of possibilities are discussed. "She is right. Ezra is the safest option." Ares agrees. "Sure. Sounds fun. Let's see how it goes." Ezra agrees. After that everyone goes to do their own thing while me and Ares go to the study so that he can teach me Greek. Noah said that he wanted to talk once more to both Elijah and Klaus.