3. Blind Eye

3

“I don’t get this Mr. Tyler!” Wendy, one of the girls constantly flirting with him said…again.

It’s been a few days and I haven’t gotten a real chance to talk to Cade again, but the girls are just ridiculous when it comes to him.

I made a decision though…I don’t really want to like him.  It’s too troublesome.  Plus we’d never have a good chance of being together because he would definitely get in trouble for that.  So I decided to ignore him completely.  I mean he’s not even Cade anymore.  He’s got his hair gelled and two brown eyes.  That’s definitely not my Cade.

“Those girls are so irritating.” Holly whispered to me.

“They really have no inhibitions.” I whispered back.

“I wonder how Mr. Tyler feels about it.”

“Annoyed definitely. I mean if he gets caught in an awkward predicament because of one of them then he’s in trouble.”

“That’s true.” Then she quickly added, “And you’re not exempt from that.”

I glared at her, “I told you, I’m done liking him.  I mean honestly what’s a girl to do.  He made it pretty clear he has no intention on being with a high school student so what’s the point of me being hung up on him?  Plus he’s Mr. Tyler now.  Not Cade.”

“Yeah, but you can’t just get rid of feelings just like that.”

“Sure I can.  He’s not Cade.  There, done!”

She just sort of shook her head, “I hope you can keep that attitude up because in the end the one hurt will be you.”

“Shut up Holly.  You’re being such a downer.”

We both went back to doing our work and every few minutes I’d sneak a peek at Mr. Tyler.  Just because I couldn’t have him didn’t mean I couldn’t look a little.

He was very handsome though.  He had a pointed chin with a long nose, and his face was soft, but still manly.  He was so tall, but unlike the old Cade he now had muscles that were visible under his shirt.  His hair was gelled, but I saw him one day after school and through the day the gel came out and there were a few misplaced hair and it looked so cute.

I sighed into my notebook and continued searching for quotes in The Great Gatsby.  Our assignment was to find ten good quotes that could or could not be on the test.  Plus we had to explain why it was important.

I could kind of relate to Gatsby.  I mean the woman he loves is married to someone else and for a while all he can do is just look across the cove to her house.  Not actually getting to be with her.

Finally the bell rang releasing me from my personal torture.  As I was leaving I could see Alyssa and Wendy both talking and flirting with Mr. Tyler.